Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Die Bybel: Woord van God: Sowaar?

Default Re: Die Bybel: Woord van God: Sowaar?

Quote Originally Posted by Die Ou Man View Post
    Bee777.

I asked the question to illustrate a very important aspect.

If I say to you that you are wrong. There was only one pair (Gen 6:19, 21). How will you go about to rasionalise this problem?

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man
    Hi
    I don't understand what problem?

But back to Gen 9:19
    He says of TWO, after their kind

Now the word " kind" comes from the Hebrew From an unused root meaning to portion out; a sort, that is, species:

So how many kind/species were there ?
    No one knows for sure.

Blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Bee777 View Post
    Hi

But back to Gen 9:19
    He says of TWO, after their kind

Now the word " kind" comes from the Hebrew From an unused root meaning to portion out; a sort, that is, species:

Blessings
    Bee777.

I will make it more simple.

The Black Eagle is found in the Middle-East. This is our (kind) specie, for the purpose of this discussion.

I asked you how many pairs of each bird specie (Black Eagle) was on the ark. You answered as follows

umm, i don't know why you ask that question. but I get by sevens the fowl of the air GEN 7;3
    According to your answer, quoted from Gen. 7:3 there were 14 Black Eagles on the ark.

Bible in Basic English

And of the birds of the air, seven males and seven females, so that their seed may still be living on the face of the earth.

King James Bible

Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
    I replied that you are wrong, quoting from Gen 6:20. There were only two Black Eagles on the ark.

King James Bible

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

Bible in Basic English

Two of every sort of bird and cattle and of every sort of living thing which goes on the earth will you take with you to keep them from destruction.
    I say that we have a problem and my question remains: "How would you go about to rasionalise this obvious contradiction?"

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

Aha I get where the confusion comes in.

VERY IMPORTANT : you get just plain fowls which are birds, then you get " fowl of the air " which are symbolic for the second Adamic creation.

Eze 39:17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

This is a prophesy of Christís invitation to the gentiles for salvation.
    So we can see that these beasts and these fowls of the air are acceptable to the Lord.
    We know that Jesus came to invite the gentiles to salvation with His blood sacrifice on the cross. , so we know that that the fowl of the air and the beasts of the field are God's other creation.

This word feathered comes from the Hebrew word
    H3671
    kaw-nawf'
    From ; an edge or extremity; specifically (of a bird or army)

So already this gives us a clue that it may not be reffering to birds but possibly people.
    To read further go to my site HERE
    Please read the whole article.

So this opens up the question that not only Noah and his kin were on the arc, which we must look at as then Noah's kids would have had to commit incest, which although the law had not been written then, they all knew it, hence the story of why Canaan the grand child was cursed. But before I go too off topic, do you see why it is so important to understand Biblical symbolisms as stated in my other post ?

Blessings
    Bee777

Thank you for your explanation.

The truth regarding the abovementioned contradiction is actually quite simple. I will come back to this point. Let us move on.

According to the Bible, how long did the flood last?

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

Hi
    Let's rather finish one topic at a time before moving on and settle on a conclusion, the reason i say this is because in my past experiences by hopping around we never get a clear answer and rather becomes a to and fro of useless jabber.

In my opinion the main reason people get lost later in the Bible is because they do not understand creation, especially the garden of Eden, and it is not very complicated.

By saying we cannot find all the answers in the original english translation is very dangerous as many people will then say " what's the point, you can't count on the Bible in any event"

Our job as teachers and scholars is to research and find the answers in the one and only KJV and possibly using a basic strongs concordance.

In my humble opinion the KJV Bible is suffice, we as imperfect humans just have to learn to read it properly.

So give me your answer on the fowl you have and settle on a conclusion before moving on ?

With respect
    Bee777

Bee777.

On the contrary, there is nothing complicated about the Torah.

Can we continue now?

What was the duration of the flood?

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

Bee777.

On the contrary, there is nothing complicated about the Torah.

Can we continue now?

What was the duration of the flood?

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man
    May i ask why you are using the Torah?
    Are you reading it in Hebrew?

The flood is not my area of expertise so please be patient with me while i look it up.

Bee777 the Torah is the first 5 Books in our Bible. We all use it.

I read the Torah in Afrikaans as it is translated in the '33 Bible. But we are moving away from the subject.

A few hours ago you were unaware of the contradictions in the flood story. That was evident from your initial answers.

However, you were quick to rasionalise (explain away) the "confusion" once you discovered it.

The answer on the question of the two creation myths in the Torah, is to be found in the flood myth.

Be patient and I will explain.

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

A few hours ago you were unaware of the contradictions in the flood story. That was evident from your initial answers.

However, you were quick to rasionalise (explain away) the "confusion" once you discovered it.
    Die Ou Man
    What do you mean i was quick to explain away the confusion once I discovered it ?

it makes perfect sense, and my subject which i have been studying is Eden and creation..................

Ok so back to the flood, it's rather long.

it rained continually for 40 days and 40 nights, when Noah was 600 years old on the 17/02 then it stopped raining but the water prevailed another 150 days, on the 17/07 the ark rested on Mt Ararat and on the 01/10 the other mountaintops could be seen.
    this gives us another say 73 days.

another 40 days and Noah sent a raven, but no luck.
    then after another 7 days he sent a dove.
    he stayed another 7 days.
    then on the 01/01/6001 until Noah left the ark on the 27/02 which gives us another 57 days Noah left the ark.

All in all Noah was in the ark 374 days if my calculations are correct.
    Which seems to be the same as when they went in on the 17/01/600 and came out at 27/02/6001

Looks like lost a day somewhere ?

Ok so in conclusion the flood was 374/375 days

was that what you were looking for?
    blessings
    Bee777

Bee777.

The two stories do not end with the two creation myths. There are also two flood myths, two covenants as well as two different versions of the Ten Commandments.

You should know that the Creator of the first creation is refered to as God (Elohim) while the Creator of the second creation myth is refered to as LORD God (Jehovah Elohim).

If you study the flood myth, you will find that the confusion that you referred to, is the result of two seperate flood stories being woven together to read as one.

However, it is easy to reconstruct the two versions into a God version (Genesis 1) and a LORD version (Genesis 2:4)

The God version does not make provision for sacrafice, therefor one pair of each will do. The LORD version puts extra birds and clean animals on the ark to be sacrafised later.

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man