PDA

View Full Version : PaulA, Hi!

PaulA
18th November 2008, 15:45
Hi everyone! This is a genuine question. Is there really a god? And how would we know?

Paul

Die Ou Man
18th November 2008, 16:12
PaulA.

Welcome at Wendag.

I will speak for myself.

I know because I was born from above.

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

PaulA
18th November 2008, 19:24
PaulA.

Welcome at Wendag.

I will speak for myself.

I know because I was born from above.

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

Do you know JAL in Pretoria? I was there vir 'n ruk. Hulle het my ooreed dat daar 'n God is. Ek wil dit glo. Alles wat goed is van 'n mens. Maar as jy vaar deur die wereld, en as jy nie antwoord kry nie, dan verloor jy gelofte.

I like your site. I have a serious dislike for the Roman Catholics. And the way so-calledd Christianity has gone since then.

Paul

Die Ou Man
18th November 2008, 19:36
In current day Christianity the Creator has been reduced to an image as portrayed by a Satanic Jewish priesthood.

No wonder so many people have rebelled against God.

You will not find God in Church or even in the Bible. You will find God in your soul. (If you were born from above.)

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man

PaulA
18th November 2008, 20:14
In current day Christianity the Creator has been reduced to an image as portrayed by a Satanic Jewish priesthood.

No wonder so many people have rebelled against God.

You will not find God in Church or even in the Bible. You will find God in your soul. (If you were born from above.)

Liefde groete.

Die Ou Man
Ou Man, jy's seker nie 'n ou man nie :-) Ek glo in die ou Christens, hulle wat hom geken het. Ek het jou artikels gelees van hoekom die Judes se God nie ons'ne is nie, as hy bestaan. Jy maak volmaak sin (jammer, ek is Engels.)

Paul

Stefanus
18th November 2008, 21:22
(jammer, ek is Engels.)

Hello Paul,

Please feel free to communicate with us in English.

Liefdegroete,
Stefanus

PaulA
18th November 2008, 22:19
Thank you. Is my Afrikaans that bad :smile: Maybe you want to know a bit, like in your registration form. I am 100% with the Afrikaner volk. I lived in SA for 40 years. SA belongs to the people who built it. I want it back.

Paul

Stefanus
19th November 2008, 19:02
Thank you. Is my Afrikaans that bad :smile: Maybe you want to know a bit, like in your registration form. I am 100% with the Afrikaner volk. I lived in SA for 40 years. SA belongs to the people who built it. I want it back.

Paul

:wink_2: Nee jou Afrikaans is nie te sleg nie, mens druk jouself net beter uit in jou moedertaal.

Liefdegroete,
Stefanus

PaulA
19th November 2008, 19:26
:wink_2: Nee jou Afrikaans is nie te sleg nie, mens druk jouself net beter uit in jou moedertaal.

Liefdegroete,
Stefanus

Dankie Stefanus.

Now what do you think about religion? It has a very beneficial side, in that it gives hope. It also causes a lot of trouble; or at least, people use it as an excuse. It's really only about faith. And that faith is really inside yourself.

It might amuse you to know that I lived on Dirk's farm (DvS) for a while. Then I saw how religion is bent into politics.

Kind regards,
Paul

Stefanus
19th November 2008, 22:01
Now what do you think about religion? It has a very beneficial side, in that it gives hope. It also causes a lot of trouble; or at least, people use it as an excuse. It's really only about faith. And that faith is really inside yourself.

Hiermee stem ek saam, die godsdiens/religie word deur die eeue deur die politiek van die dag gelei, die Bybel is vol voorbeelde daarvan, so het ons in ons eie onlanges verlede 'n ommekeer van religie gehad wat deur die verandering in politieke bestel teweeg gebring was.
Geloof daarteenoor word nie vasgehou deur religie nie, ons moet net daarteen waak dat religie nie verwar word met geloof/kennis nie.

Religion has been defined in a wide variety of ways. Most definitions attempt to find a balance somewhere between overly sharp definition and meaningless generalities. Some sources have tried to use formalistic, doctrinal definitions while others have emphasized experiential, emotive, intuitive, valuational and ethical factors. Definitions mostly include:

a notion of the transcendent or numinous, often, but not always, in the form of theism
a cultural or behavioural aspect of ritual, liturgy and organized worship, often involving a priesthood, and societal norms of morality (ethos) and virtue (arete)
a set of myths or sacred truths held in reverence or believed by adherents

Liefdegroete,
Stefanus

Nuwe Man
17th December 2008, 17:38
Hi Paula.

Interesting question. I would like to see what everyone has to say.

Pleased to meet you BTW

PaulA
26th December 2008, 18:03
Thanks for that. Sorry for the long delay, I was away in Holland.

Why do I believe a god exists? One day in 2006, I was sitting in the Rose park between Pretorius and Schoeman streets, Pretoria. I was in view of the road, but facing away from it, about 20m away. Quite surprisingly a man who turned out to have the name of Gerrie Pretorius (a member of Lewende Woord, Brummeria) came up to me and said 'Is jy in die moeilikheid? Want die Heilige Gees het my vertel om vir jou te se^, "die oplossing is naby".'
Nou, hy het nie geweet van my omstandighede nie. Hy het met sy motor gery om 'n paar blokke voor hy die moed gekry het om met my te praat, want jy sal seker verstaan dat wat hy gedoen het is nie 'n ding 'n mens sommer-net sou doen nie.

In any case, I won't bore you with the details since then. I just want to say that I wanted proof of God's existence, and He gave it to me.

Paul

PaulA
26th December 2008, 18:15
Hi Paula.

Interesting question. I would like to see what everyone has to say.

Pleased to meet you BTW

Hi! Thanks. It seems that this is a low posting-frequency website!

Anyway, I hate what South Africa has become. Not to say that anywhere else is blameless, but it is not rife here in England because of the checks and balances. I could go on and write an essay about all the things I detest about our 'Rainbow Nation', but it would serve no purpose.

What is interesting is the rise of COPE. I have no more belief in them than any other set of politicians, but it will cause a divide in the vote. And they may be useful in other ways.

Paul