PDA

View Full Version : The Demiurge

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 00:28
The Demiurge

The term Demiurge derives from the ancient Greek "démiourgos" (latinized demiurgus), meaning "artisan" or "craftsman". In various belief systems this is a deity responsible for the creation of the physical universe. The term occurs most notably Platonism and Gnosticism. The precise nature and character of the Demiurge however varies from a benign architect of matter in some, to the personification of evil in others.

http://www.wendag.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=45&pictureid=189
The Aeon Sophia at the Birth of the Demiurge, by David Tarleton.

Plato refers to the Demiurge frequently in the Timaeus as the entity who "fashioned and shaped" the material world. Plato describes the Demiurge as unreservedly good and hence desirous of a world as good as possible. The world remains allegedly imperfect because the Demiurge had to work on pre-existing chaotic matter. Christianity and Judaism claim "God" the Creator is good, but Christians claim the soul is corrupt due to the sin of Adam. Gnostisim is another matter.

In Gnosticism the Demiurge (Creator) is by no means all-good, but a bungling and incompetent fool that creates the world as a spiritual prison. Gnosticism also presents a distinction between the highest, unknowable "alien God" and the "creator" of the material — the Demiurge. However, in contrast to Plato, many systems of Gnostic thought present the Demiurge as antagonistic to the will of the Supreme Creator: this sort of Demiurge focusses solely on material reality and on the "sensuous soul". In Gnosticism, the Demiurge is an emanation from a higher, purer aeon.

In this system, the Demiurge is a way to understand the problem of evil, differing sharply from Christianity, which sees the originally good Creation corrupted by created beings (such as the Devil). In Gnosticism the Demiurge created evil as in the Apocryphon of John (in the Nag Hammadi library), the Demiurge has the name "Yaltabaoth". Through arrogance born of stupidity, he proclaims himself as God:

"Now the archon who is weak has three names. The first name is Yaltabaoth, the second is Saklas, and the third is Samael. And he is impious in his arrogance which is in him. For he said, 'I am God and there is no other God beside me,' for he is ignorant of his strength, the place from which he had come."

Yaldabaoth literally means "Child, come hither" in a certain Semitic language. Gnostic myth recounts that Sophia (literally "wisdom", the Demiurge's mother and aspect of the Father) desired to create something apart from the Father to which he did not consent. In this act of separation, she gave birth to the Demiurge and being ashamed of her deed, she wrapped him in a cloud and created a throne for him within it. The Demiurge did not see her, nor anyone else, and thus concluded that only he himself existed, he did not know the source of his power and did not know that there was someone above him. The myth is full of intricate nuances portraying the first separation which later turned into the entrapment of the divine spark, Sophia, within the human form. This spark is latent until awakened by a call and the knowledge of one as this divine spark is the beginning of restoration of Sophia as well as gnosis.

Saklas means "fool" and Samael literally means "Blind God" or "God of the Blind". It may equate to the Judaic Angel of Death, and corresponds to the folkloric demon of that name.

Yao is alongside Yaldabaoth, the other name most frequently encountered in Gnostic scripture. Yao is the Gnostic pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton (YhWh). Several Gnostic philosophers (notably Marcion of Sinope) and others (such as Maniche) identify the Demiurge as Yahweh, the God of the Old Testament, as the enemy to the God of the New Testament. Still other traditions also equated YhWh with Satan. For example, Catharism apparently inherited their idea of Satan as the creator of the evil world directly or indirectly from Gnosticism. The church declared all these heresies for teaching that all Creation was the work of an evil god.

The concept of an evil or bungling Demiurge who creates the world is completely at odds with Christian theology in which the creation is originally all good and the work of one all-good Creator. It rejects the notion that the Devil or any other being resembling the Demiurge could create the beauty and order in the physical universe, and the writings of early church fathers, beginning with the Apostle Paul specifically condemn Gnosticism as high heresy. Christianity has nothing analogous to an evil Creator god. The nearest Christian equivalent to the Demiurge is Satan, which literally means the "Enemy."

Pagan philosophers in the lineage of Plato also rebuke the Gnostics. This would include Plotinus who, rebuked Gnosticism in the ninth tractate of the second Ennead: "Against Those That Affirm The Creator of The Kosmos and The Kosmos Itself to Be Evil" (generally quoted as "Against The Gnostics"). Being grounded in platonic thought, the neoplatonists would have rejected the gnostic vilification of Platos's demiurge.

To quote, Emanation is opposed to the Judeo-Christian conception of creation, in which the eternal God makes all from nothing. To explain the relation of a totally transcendent God to a finite and imperfect world, the belief in emanation denies that God directly created the world but maintains rather that the world is the result of a chain of emergence through emanations. From God (the One, or the Absolute), the one prime principle, flows the divine substance; his own substance never lessens. As the flow proceeds farther from God, however, its divinity steadily decreases. When a stone is dropped into water, the circles ever widening from the point (God) where the stone fell are emanations, becoming fainter and fainter. Emanation never ceases, the whole process moving continuously outward from God. In the 3d cent. A.D., Plotinus and other Neoplatonists developed a clear system of emanation. The Neoplatonists ascribed to Plato an emanative concept in his Idea of the Good as being supreme, the lesser ideas being in some way related to the Idea of the Good.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 01:04
The Early Spiritual Christians Called The God Of The Jews A Demiurge

Judaism is one of the last surviving ancient mystery religions -- and what is a mystery religion? When Paul wrote: “But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Cor 2:14 NKJ) -- what he was making reference to was the inability of man in his natural state of mind to even begin to envision man's own higher spiritual reality that is beyond even the contemplation of his imagination. And this is why Paul warned that while he could only tell the baptized and confirmed believers at Corinth about Jesus and him crucified, he could in no manner convey to them the inner knowledge and mysteries of the Gospel -- i.e., “And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to babes in Christ” (1 Cor 3:1 NAS). Paul then explains that: “I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able” (1 Cor 3:2 NAS).

When Paul was taken up into the Kingdom within (Luke 17:20-21), he said that he saw “…things so astounding that they are beyond a man's power to describe or put in words…” -- and warned that those who are permitted to gaze upon the Mysteries of the Kingdom, will have witnessed a higher reality that will be so profound, that they will “…not [be] allowed to tell them to others” (2 Cor 12:4 TLB). And Paul warned those who are under the grave misconception that they can simply read the literal text of the scriptures and ascertain the Word of God, that they were greatly deceived -- i.e., “And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know” (1 Cor 8:2 NKJ). For if it were possible for a man to simply open the scriptures and be able to discern the Truth and Reality that was beyond natural human comprehension, Jesus would not have said of his disciples: “For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it” (Matt 13:17 NIV).

Surely, if the natural mind of man was capable of understanding, the prophets and righteous men of old could have opened the scriptures and learned the Mysteries of the Kingdom of God -- but as Paul confirmed, such a thing was impossible. And it was for this reason that Jesus had to open the minds of his disciples to the inner meaning of the scriptures -- i.e., "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures" (Luke 24:45 KJV) -- but if the inner revelation of the scriptures was limited to the testimony of "...Jesus Christ, and him crucified" (1 Cor 2:2 KJV) -- but the spiritual revelation that can only be revealed to the mind of those who are mature, and have undergone the process of spiritual transformation: "However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written: 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.' But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 'who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?' But we have the mind of Christ" (1 Cor 2:6-16 NKJ).

The Demiurge -- God Of The Jews: The earliest Christians affirmed these words of Paul, and stated that the god of the Jews of a natural mind was a lesser god, and not the God of Jesus. And because most Christians lack insight into the manner in which the scriptures are written, they make the fatal mistake of judging what they don't understand. Once properly understood, it was for good reason that the Spiritual Christians who were the disciples of Paul called the god of the Jews a Demiurge -- a lesser god. In full agreement, Yeshua said that these ritually Torah observant keepers of the Law worship the Devil -- "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it" (John 8:43-44 NKJ).

The later Church of Rome condemned the Spiritual Christians because they said that the god of the Jews was not the God of Yeshua -- and in the above Yeshua confirms that position to be true. And in the same way, because the modern Christians have all been shackled to the worship of the same lesser god of the Left Hand, what Yeshua said to them is true of the Christians today. And because people fail to comprehend the nature of what Peter describes as the Mystery of the Books that have the power to deceive -- wherein, the Left Hand which is the karmic-corrective Mosaic Law of Retribution which is portrayed in the literal text, while it is the inner Spirit that reveals the Right Hand that heals and frees men from the karmic shackles of their own past -- in worshiping the god of the literal, they worship the devil. But because they lack an understanding of the manner in which the scriptures are composed in the language of the soul, the vast majority of Christians reject the Spirit and embrace the letter that killeth -- and thereby worship the Demiurge of the Pharisees.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 01:12
Jesus Said: The God Of The Jews Was The Devil

Yeshua/Jesus said that the God of the Jews was the Devil. Paul called the reading of the literal written word of the Old Testament in the manner that Fundamentalist do today the "letter that killeth" -- meaning that it is the path to spiritual death. Peter called the Old Testament written word the "books with the power to deceive". And the Jewish mystic who spends his life seeking the inner meaning of the written word that the natural mind of man is incapable of seeing, has warned: "Thus the tales related in the Torah are simply her outer garments, and woe to the man who regards that outer garb as the Torah itself, for such a man will be deprived of portion in the next world..." (the Zohar quoted in No Jew Has Read The Torah). The Church Father Origen proclaimed those who are so gullible to believe the literal written word of the Old Testament idiots! Peter said what appears to be historical never happened. Paul called the literal text an allegory.

In the exact same manner as the enlightened Jewish Rabbi's, the early Christian Church Father Origen writes: “It is sufficient however, to represent in the style of a historic narrative what is intended to convey a secret meaning in the garb of history, that those who have the capacity may work out for themselves all that relates to the subject.” And with regard to what would otherwise be historical symbols and events that would appear to us as the knowledge of superficial episodes of the past, Origen writes: “I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed” (Origen - Huet., Prigeniana, 167 Franck, p. 142). Students of Hebrew Mysticism will perceive that what the third-century Christian Church Father Origen wrote was no different than what is contained in the Zohar, where it states: “The narratives of the doctrine are its cloak. The simple look only on the garment, that is upon the narrative of the doctrine; more they know not. The instructed, however, see not merely the cloak, but what the cloak covers”.

These great truths are again demonstrated in the words of Moses Maimonedes, one of the most respected of Jewish theologians, historian, and Talmudist, where he writes about the nature of scripture: “Every time that you find in our books a tale the reality of which seems impossible, a story which is repugnant to both reason and common sense, then be sure that the tale contains a profound allegory veiling a deeply mysterious truth; and the greater the absurdity of the letter, the deeper the wisdom of the spirit”. These same truths are again conveyed to us in the words of the Church Historian Eusebius: “Many were led astray by reading the allegorical contents of the scriptures literally in the method of the Pharisees and Sadducees”. What these symbols truly mean is perhaps best expressed by G.R.S. Mead in his celebrated work, Fragments of a Faith Forgotten, where he explained that, once properly understood, the true meaning of what is “…projected onto the screen…” of the scriptures, “…was in reality a picture of their [man’s] own minds”. In view of the fact that Yeshua himself taught that the Kingdom of God is within us (Luke 17:20-21), that the scriptures were in fact a blueprint of man’s own mind begins to make a great deal of sense.

What Moses Maimonedes is stating, then, is that there exist many parts of the scriptures that are literally and historically not true. Isn't Paul stating this exact same truth when he writes to the Galatians who are attempting to embrace Jewish ritualistic ways, and states: “Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?” And then Paul goes on to explain to those who want to attempt to read the written word literally, in an historical context as Christians do today: “For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory” (Gal 4:21-24 KJV).

That the Jew who remained of a natural carnal mindset could not see beyond the symbols of the allegory, and their eyes and hearts were hardened so they could not comprehend the true meaning of the scriptures, is readily understood where Paul states that “their minds were blinded” by God, “for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament… even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart” (2 Cor 3:14-15 KJV). The time has come for this vail to be removed from the eyes of all Christians. What modern non-Jews fail to realize today, is the reality that all men of the flesh are equally blind to the Truth Torah of God!

From a spiritual perspective, when the Jews worship the god of the literal word -- with rituals, animal sacrifices, incense, in a temple made with the hands of men, it can truly be said that the Jews worshiped a false god. And what was it that the scriptures used by the Jews said: "The multitude of your sacrifices-- what are they to me? says the LORD. I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-- I cannot bear your evil assemblies. Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood; wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow" (Isa 1:11-17 NIV).

Why does the Most High God take no pleasure in rituals, sacrifices, incense, Sabbaths and New Moon festivals? In the words of the Church Father Origen: “I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed.” And in the words of Paul: "Which things are an allegory.” And in the words of the Jewish Mystic: “The narratives of the doctrine are its cloak. The simple look only on the garment, that is upon the narrative of the doctrine; more they know not. The instructed, however, see not merely the cloak, but what the cloak covers”.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 01:23
The Church Of The AntiChrist

The Prediction That Satan Would Rule The Church: In total disregard of the admonition of the scriptures themselves, the greater majority of Christians believe that the church is beyond the reach of Satan -- that God somehow drew a line that Satan cannot cross over -- and because of this force of Divine protection, Satan has not immersed himself in every aspect of their lives! Yet, to their own detriment, the leaders of the modern church ignore the warning of the Apostle: “let no man beguile you in any wise: for (it will not be,) except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, he that opposeth and exalteth himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sitteth in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God” (2 Thes 2:3-4 ASV).

What the Apostle is herein very clearly predicting is that there would come a time when the god of the Christian Church will be a false god. Historically speaking, it has been almost universally recognized that the period in time that the Apostle could have been referring to was in the fourth century when the church made a covenant with the Roman Emperor Constantine. With regard to this falling away, the Adam Clark Commentary writes of this passage of Paul's Epistle: “[Except there come a falling away first] We have the original word apostasia in our word apostasy; and by this term we understand a dereliction of the essential principles of religious truth, either a total abandonment of Christianity itself, or such a corruption of its doctrines as renders the whole system completely inefficient to salvation. But what this apostasy means is a question which has not yet, and perhaps never will be, answered to general satisfaction” (from the Adam Clarke Commentary).

Not to depreciate or make less the significance of any one of the individual statements presented in the above words, what the modern believer must recognized is the far-reaching totality of the statement: “But what this apostasy means is a question which has not yet, and perhaps never will be, answered to general satisfaction”. Ultimately, what this means to the modern believer is that each and every church authority from the fourth-century to the present, as well as every single preacher of the gospel, speaks from the position of concession -- which concession is that there is a great void in their knowledge of the truth. Thus, one of the core presumptions upon which our present-day doctrine of faith is based, is that these words of the Apostle Paul are not true. One of the major causes of the present state of doctrinal chaos is the failure of modern pastors and church authorities to recognize that the key to their dilemma is found in the prediction of the Apostle that there would come a time of total abandonment of the Gospel with respect to the desolation of all genuine spiritual Christian ideas and concepts.

What this means is that the Apostle predicts that in the near future, the true religion of Jesus would cease to exist in this world. In this respect, the words of the Apostle are quite clear in their assertion -- i.e., from the time period of the first century of our Common Era when it was written by the hand of Paul, it prophetically speaks of a time in the near future when the teachings that Yeshua placed in the hands of mankind would cease to exist -- and it is the correct assertion of many Christians that this in fact took place in the establishment of an institutionalized church under the control of Pagan Rome in the fourth century. What the modern Christian fails to realize is that the total corruption of the doctrine of the church which the Apostle speaks of was in fact brought about by the adoption of the Christ of Constantine, which resulted in the rejection of the Messiah Yeshua of Nazareth. While it is true that believers use the name Jesus, and call themselves his followers, what Christians have lost sight of is that the essence of the religion of the New Covenant is spiritual -- and where the physical body of Messiah/Christ was crucified by the carnal Jews in the first century, the spiritual body of Messiah/Christ was crucified in the fourth century.

In further explanation with regard to this crucial prediction of the Apostle, the Adam Clark Commentary then goes on to provide us a vivid description of Constantine and the formation of his new church: “[Who opposeth and exalteth] He stands against and exalts himself above all divine authority, and above every object of adoration, and every institution, relative to divine worship, sebasma, himself being the source, whence must originate all the doctrines of religion, and all its rites and ceremonies; so that sitting in the temple of God -- having the highest place and authority in the Christian church, he acts as God -- taking upon himself God's titles and attributes, and arrogating to himself the authority that belongs to the Most High” (from the Adam Clarke Commentary). That these events came to pass is well documented from a historical perspective -- i.e., the church was ruled by Satanic forces that dictated every aspect of Christian doctrine. And while it is true that many faithful believers, clergy, pastors and religious authorities today have recognized the defilement of the church that took place beginning in the fourth century, what could not be revealed until now was the absolute certainty that, because the Church has never fully recovered from the darkness and corruption that was imposed upon the teachings of the church by the ruthless political despots of the past, essential foundational principles, as well as indispensable elements of New Covenant knowledge of what is constantly referred to in the Bible as the Mysteries of God, is presently absent from the thinking of the body of the faithful believers to this very day.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 01:25

Satan Speaks To The Christian Elect: The Apostle warned: "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Eph 6:12 NKJ). From a biblical perspective, the supernatural being referred to by Paul as Satan, who the Apostle refers to as the god of this realm, easily speaks to Christians and impersonates God, Yeshua, or an angelic being, and thus successfully gains control over the thinking of the religious people of any given generation by speaking to their imagination. What does this mean? He begins the process by inspiring within them a vision of a kingdom that is to come at some later time. Where Yeshua preached that the Kingdom is here -- at hand, and could be entered through a change of mind -- the forces of darkness blinds the hearts and minds of the believer to the Kingdom that is already present and has been set before them. The result is that the Prince of Darkness continues to rule over the hearts and minds of the believers because, in their state of spiritual complacency, they continue to live in accordance with the culture of this world, and never actually take up their crosses and follow in the footsteps of Yeshua. And while they think they are different than the unbeliever, often it is found that they are different only in the words they speak. Thus, while they believe and have faith, their faith is misdirected. In failing to recognize the warning of Paul with respect to the total “…dereliction of the essential principles of religious truth, either a total abandonment of Christianity itself, or such a corruption of its doctrines as renders the whole system completely inefficient to salvation…”, Satan successfully alters the believers perception of the scriptures, and induces them to wait -- rather than begin the journey into the Kingdom where the Son of God awaits them.

The Satanic powers of darkness that are revealed in the scriptures gains the upper hand by moving the hearts and minds of unsuspecting men and women to become attached to this world by whatever means possible. He controls religious people by seducing them into adopting a life of spiritual complacency and impotence -- using religion to effect within the believer a false vision of their own level of spirituality as being exalted and heightened. He often accomplishes this deception by inducing them to judge and compare themselves to non-believers, and those who have already surrendered their soul over to the Prince of Darkness. It was easy for Lot to perceive himself a righteous person in comparison to the inhabitants of Sodom. It is in like manner easy for the average Christian today to view themselves as being a faithful and believing people in relation to the criminal element that is portrayed in our newspapers and media. The flaw in this perception is seen in the fact that the Bible does not require us to be better than the unholy -- but rather, to be Christ-like -- and ultimately as perfect as our Heavenly Father (Matt 5:48). Thus, because we judge ourselves in accordance with the standards of this world, the result is that the religious person sees himself as being in accord with the gospel message, because he can easily perceive a difference between himself and the people he views as being turned out of The Way. From the perspective of what the Apostle calls the god of this world, this false vision of righteousness is absolutely necessary in order to implant within their minds a strong delusion that induces them to believe that they are fulfilling the Word of God.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 01:28

The Ministers of Satan: A great truth that the Bible continually warns the religious person about -- a truth that he must come to terms with if he is to become a disciple of the Light -- is that this supernatural being which the Apostle calls the god of this world has the power to ordain servants to mislead the flock of believers -- and more importantly, even those servants are unaware that they have become the ministers of Satan. More importantly, the servants of Satan are very often the people who the flock of believers regard as the most well meaning of individuals -- men and women who the believing community perceives as religious allies, and perhaps even saintly.

Throughout the course of human history it can be demonstrated that large numbers of true believers have permitted themselves to be deceived and led into error and captivity, because they failed to heed the lesson of the biblical account of Samson and Delilah -- where the betrayer appears to be good, and yet saps their strength, and then attacks the believers in order to enslave them. If, then, we are to break the bonds of slavery, and succeed in safeguarding ourselves from being deceived, we must become acutely aware of the important biblical warning that: “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death” (Prov 14:12 KJV). From the perspective of the Prince of Darkness, we are more easily conquered and led into a life of servitude by those who appear to us as allies and champions of the faith, than those who would oppose us. No doubt many Christians will immediately reject this argument -- saying, God would not permit this to happen to His church. But this claim is quickly proven counterfeit when it is demonstrated that God has indeed permitted the church to fall into error.

Can the believer trust the affirmation of the leaders of the church with respect to their claim of doctrinal purity and Divine protection? The Bible very clearly states that the opposite is true, and it is the leaders of the church who will be in error when they make this claim. In confirmation of what was predicted by Paul, Yeshua said that the powers of darkness which seek to enslave us, and will accomplish this by fooling the very elect of the church (Mat 24:24; Mk 13:22). The Apostle warns that Satan will appear as an Angel of light, and he will transform his ministers and servants of darkness to make them falsely appear to you as good, in order to deceive you (2 Cor 11:14). In this respect, the Bible warns us that what seems right to the carnal mind of man, is the very thing that will bring about the ways of death (Prov 14:12). This reality is truly manifest among believers who are under the deception that they have fulfilled the requirements of walking in TheWay, by merely saying a prayer to the Jesus-god, and then living their daily lives no different than those who dwell in Sodom and Gormorah.

What Yeshua warned his followers was to: “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits” (Matt 7:15-16 KJV). In understanding the far-reaching reality of these words, we must comprehend exactly what the fruits are that Yeshua makes reference to which we should use to judge the validity of our religious leaders! Fruits in the scriptures relate to works and accomplishments -- and the works of the spirit is seen in the ability of the shepherd of the flock to place within the hands of the believer the Key that opens the door to what the Bible calls the house of knowledge -- and then demonstrate how to use that knowledge to guide the believer into the Kingdom -- a Kingdom that will never come upon the earth as our present-day church authorities proclaim (Luke 17:20-21), but exists at this very time in a parallel dimension.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 01:46
The Written Word Portrays The Left Hand Of God
The Inner Spiritual Meaning the Right Hand Of God

Jesus said the god of the Jews was the Devil -- the Spiritual Christians who were called Gnostics said the god of the Jew was a lesser god who was a Demiurge -- and Paul warned that you can't be saved by the works of the written word of the Law -- that the reader of the scriptures who failed to understand the allegorical manner they were composed in, embraced the "letter that killeth" -- and Peter called the written word the books that have the power to deceive -- because the literal word of the scriptures portrays the Left Hand of God, while the inner spiritual meaning that lies beneath the allegorical garb, reveals the Right Hand that can save. The Left Hand is the reflective reality -- i.e., Lucifter -- and this reflective reality is called the Bringer of Light, because the reflective reality is a corrective response to our word, thoughts and deeds that forces an upward movement towards completion. When a child misbehaves, a parent applies a corrective action in accordance with the needs of the child. And in the scriptures this great truth is revealed in the words: "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap" (Gal 6:7 NKJ).

Speaking of Simon Magus in the Clementine writings, the Apostle Peter states: "He is a power of the left hand of God, and has authority to do harm to those who know not God, so that he has been able to involve you in diseases; but by these very diseases, which have been permitted to come upon you by the good providence of God, you, seeking and finding him who is able to cure, have been compelled to submit to the will of God on the occasion of the cure of the body, and to think of believing, in order that in this way you may have your souls as well as your bodies in a healthy state."

And in another place in the same writings Peter explains: "For thus from the beginning was a law laid by God, the Creator of all things, on each of the two princes, him of the right hand and him of the left, that neither should have power over any one whom they might wish to benefit or to hurt, unless first he had sat down at the same table with them. As, then, when you partook of meat offered to idols, you became servants to the prince of evil, in like manner, if you cease from these things, and flee for refuge to God through the good Prince of His right hand, honoring Him without sacrifices, by doing whatsoever He wills, know of a truth that not only will your bodies be healed, but your souls also will become healthy. For He only, destroying with His left hand, can quicken with His right; He only can both smite and raise the fallen."

Again Peter explains: "But that this is so, has been said even by the law in the person of God: ‘I will kill, and, I will make alive; I will strike, and I will heal. For, in truth, He kills and makes alive. He kills through the left hand, that is, through the evil one, who has been so composed as to rejoice in afflicting the impious. And he saves and benefits through the right band, that is, through the good one, who has been made to rejoice in the good deeds and salvation of the righteous."

And in prayer Peter states: "Deliver me, O Lord of all, from Thy fearful judgment. Do not give the enemy power to swallow me up, and to become heir of my soul, as of that of him who is hanging on the left; for I see how the devil joyfully takes his soul, and his body disappears." But Christians today are as the men of Nineveh of whom it is said: "And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left?" (Jonah 4:11 NKJ). For as it was said to Job: "Then I will also confess to you that your own right hand can save you" (Job 40:14 NKJ). And in the Psalms: "You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore... Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; you will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me" (Ps 16:11;138:7 NKJ). Which is the reason why Jesus said that those on the right will enter into life, while those on the left will inherit the tribulation of their deeds and ways: "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matt 25:41 NKJ)

The Left Hand is portrayed in the literal text -- and is especially seen in the Mosaic Law of Karmic-Retribution that perpetually returns back to us the fruit of our own thoughts, desires and actions -- i.e., "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap" (Gal 6:7 NKJ). A most profound statement by the Church Father Origen is basically rejected by the people of the simple faith today who are incapable of reason and engaging the mind in the process of true spiritual growth. What does Origen state: “What man of sense will agree with the statement that the first, second and third days in which the evening is named and the morning, were without sun, moon and stars, and the first day without a heaven. What man is found such an idiot as to suppose that God planted trees in paradise in Eden, like a husbandman, and planted therein the tree of life, perceptible to the eyes and senses, which gave life to the eater thereof; and another tree which gave to the eater thereof a knowledge of good and evil? I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed” (Origen - Huet., Prigeniana, 167 Franck, p. 142).

Once these words are understood, they are in essence no different than what Paul stated, Peter in the Clementine Homilies, the Zohar, and even St. Augustine in the words: “He is a slave to a sign who uses or worships a significant thing without knowing what it signifies. But he who uses or venerates a useful sign divinely instituted whose signifying force he understands does not venerate what he sees and what passes away but rather that to which all such things are to be referred. Such a man is spiritual and free, even during that time of servitude in which it is not yet opportune to reveal to carnal minds those signs under whose yoke they are to be tamed” (De Doctrina Christiana).

The Fundamentalists who insist that the literal text of the Old Testament is the un-errored word of God, insist that the earth is only 6,000 years old. They reject the higher wisdom that teaches that the scriptures are an allegory that conveys inner spiritual truths of the mind and spirit in a series of forms and symbols, and they demand that Genesis be taught as historical truth. Yet, even a casual examination of the facts by a high school student proves them wrong. Then, the secular left uses this weak link to condemn the Bible as a whole, and thereby successfully undermines the teachings of Yeshua and The Way. Yet, what we have in Darwinism is grave error opposing gross ignorance of the manner in which the Old Testament and all scriptures are written -- thus, we have ignorance opposing ignorance.

While Christianity has been relegated to the junk-heap in Europe -- which has permitted Islam to thrive -- in the United States the failings of the left have actually fed the religious right. Because the left has created an environment where the only means to cure the rampant alcohol and drug addiction is through belief in the Jesus-god, the churches are overflowing with ex-addicts who are often incapable of embracing higher thought. And while these people have found great strength and solace in their beliefs -- and have thus found healing from their addictions -- the very fact that they cling to a Fundamentalist interpretation of the Old Testament gives the left overwhelming ammunition to undermine genuine religious teachings. So it becomes a vicious circle of people on both the left and the right who are incapable of even envisioning higher reality, undermining the very foundations of our culture by attacking the weaknesses of the opposing sides.

The Gnostics Were Right: In an Orthodox Jewish community the study of Torah is a strength -- but in view of the fact that 95% of American Jews are non-Torah observant, most are Atheists, and they embrace every garden variety of immorality of the left, then in the lives of the majority of people the Old Testament is an anchor that shackles them to a gross misunderstanding of God and man's higher reality. The people who come here are those who know intuitively that there is something more than what is embraced by either mainstream of Fundamentalist Christianity. And we nourish them by assuring them that the God of Jesus has nothing in common with the counterfeit portrayal of God in the allegorical Old Testament -- i.e., the vengeful god that chooses one group of idol worshipers over all the peoples of the earth -- kills innocent men, women and children -- commands the people not to kill, and then is the first to break this commandment -- and judges the children of sinners to the third and fourth generation.

In the allegorical text, in order to demonstrate to mankind God's absolute power and authority, it is observed that God often chose the most morally degenerate men to inherit the good. King David, for example, was a murderer and an adulterer, as demonstrated by The New Unger's Bible Dictionary in their sighting under David for First Samuel 13:14: “How, ask some, could a man after God's own heart have murdered Uriah, seduced Bathsheba, and tortured the Ammonites? An extract from one who is not a too-indulgent critic of sacred characters expresses at once the common sense and the religious lesson of the whole matter. ‘David, the Hebrew king, had fallen into sins enough -- blackest crimes -- there was no want of sin. And, thereupon, the unbelievers sneer, and ask, ‘Is this your man according to God' s heart?’” (Carlyle, Heroes and Hero-worship, 1:277; from New Unger's Bible Dictionary, originally published by Moody Press of Chicago, Illinois. Copyright (C) 1988).

It would appear that God chose David -- a true sinner -- over Saul, because Saul possessed a conscience, and did not unmercifully wipe out his enemies, as seen where it is written under the heading of Saul: “But he disobeyed the divine injunction by taking alive Agag, the king, and sparing all the best of the cattle and all that was valuable, destroying only that which was despised and worthless. Instead of pursuing the campaign and finishing the destruction of the fugitives…” (New Unger's Bible Dictionary). Thus, Saul failed in his mission -- which was to totally wipe out all the men, women, children, and everything that breathed among the enemies of Israel.

Anyone who believes that the Bible is literally true where it is written: “And the LORD our God delivered him over to us; so we defeated him, his sons, and all his people. We took all his cities at that time, and we utterly destroyed the men, women, and little ones of every city; we left none remaining” (Deut 2:33-34 NKJ); is simply unable to perceive the Divine Essence of God. What does this killer of the innocent have in common with the Heavenly Father revealed by Yeshua? Absolutely nothing! In the Clementine Homilies it is written: “Then Peter answered: Assuredly, with good reason, I neither believe anything against God, nor against the just men recorded in the law, taking for granted that they are impious imaginations. For, as I am persuaded, neither was Adam a transgressor, who was fashioned by the hands of God; nor was Noah drunken, who was found righteous above all the world; nor did Abraham live with three wives at once, who, on account of his sobriety, was thought worthy of a numerous posterity; nor did Jacob associate with four women - of whom two were sisters - who was the father of the twelve tribes, and who intimated the coining of the presence of our Master; nor was Moses a murderer, nor did he learn to judge from an idolatrous priest - he who set forth the law of God to all the world, and for his right judgment has been testified to as a faithful steward”. It was of these symbols that Origen said: “I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed”.

So every source of wisdom declares that the literal text of the Old Testament is not literally true -- and yet, it is from this antiquated Mystery-religion text that the vast majority of people form their opinions and beliefs about God -- to their own spiritual demise. Since the people are not initiates into the secret system, and are incapable of understanding the true meaning of the text, then from a spiritual perspective it would be best to discard it in the manner that the first Spiritual Christians did. While the Old Testament is a source of knowledge to the few who understand the allegorical language, what is important with respect to the essential teachings for seekers to embrace, is already presented to us in the New Testament and such additional writings as the Gospel of the Nazirenes.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 02:07
The Mystery Of The Books
With The Power To Deceive

It is the position of many Biblical researchers that most of the Old Testament comes from other, more ancient writings. Even Jewish writers admit that most of the Hebrew writings were merely taken freely from Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian, and even Greek sources. Horace Meyer Kallen, at one time a professor at the Jewish New School of Social Research, said that the Book of Job was lifted bodily from an early and obscure Greek play. Scientist and author Immanuel Velikovsky admitted that there are "many parallels" between the Vedic Hymns and the Books of Joel and Isaiah. Hebrew scholar Zecharia Sitchin claimed that the Book of Genesis is based on the Sumerian creation myth. The story of Noah comes from the Sumerian legend of Gilgamesh. The Psalms were taken word for word from Akhenaton's Hymns to the Sun, written 600 years earlier in Egypt. The Ten Commandments were taken wholly from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. And so on through the books of the Old Testament.

In our present time the vast majority of believers and non-believers are not only totally ignorant of the above reality, but fail to comprehend the reality of the very true words of the Zohar where it states: “The narratives of the doctrine are its cloak. The simple look only on the garment, that is upon the narrative of the doctrine; more they know not. The instructed, however, see not merely the cloak, but what the cloak covers”. And while Paul warns the people that the Old Testament is an allegory -- and the written word is not on untrue, but he portrays the written word as "...the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" -- we can see the reality of these words in the world today in both believers misconceptions pertaining to God, and people's rejection of God based upon an ignorance of the allegorical manner in which the Old Testament is written. And the results of this misconception is so grave, that the Zohar warns those who are under the delusion that they have read the Word of God: "Thus the tales related in the Torah are simply her outer garments, and woe to the man who regards that outer garb as the Torah itself, for such a man will be deprived of portion in the next world..."

What is being said? That those who read the Old Testament without knowing the secret code possessed only by initiates into the Jewish Mystery religion that requires a lifetime of study and dedication to master, will have so wasted their time on the study of the written word, that they will be deprived of the promise of entering into Life. On the other hand, if you are a Jew, and you live in a Hasidic fully Torah observant community that studies Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism, only then will you be able to get a more correct perception of God and Higher Reality.

Speaking of the ability of Simon Magus to deceive the people through the allegorical nature of the Old Testament, in the Clementine Homilies Peter warns: “And with us, indeed, who have had handed down from our forefathers the worship of the God who made all things, and also the mystery of the books which are able to deceive, he will not prevail; but with those from amongst the Gentiles who have the polytheistic fancy bred in them, and who know not the falsehoods of the Scriptures, he will prevail much. And not only he; but if any other shall recount to those from among the Gentiles any vain, dreamlike, richly set out story against God, he will be believed, because from their childhood their minds are accustomed to take in things spoken against God. And few there shall be of them, as a few out of a multitude, who through ingenuousness shall not be willing so much as to hear an evil word against the God who made all things. And to these alone from amongst the Gentiles it shall be vouchsafed to be saved. Let not any one of you, therefore, altogether complain of Simon, or of any one else; for nothing happens unjustly, since even the falsehoods of Scripture are with good reason presented for a test.”

If those who are not initiated into the secret code of the allegory will be greatly deceived -- to the degree that they will be deprived of entering into Life -- then why would anyone in their right mind even promote such a system in our present time? The deception is so rampant, and so all consuming, that the Spiritual Christians who were called Gnostics, rejected the Old Testament entirely, and began their scriptures with Yeshua after the resurrection. They did this because so many people are deceived by the allegorical portrayals of God -- which is in reality the portrayal of the Left Hand of God which we often refer to as Satan -- that they wanted no part in promoting these antiquated scriptures of the ancient Jewish Mystery religion that Peter correctly portrays as the books that deceive.

A truly important statement is made by Peter in the Clementine Homilies where it is written: “Neither, therefore, are the Hebrews condemned on account of their ignorance of Jesus, by reason of Him who has concealed Him, if, doing the things commanded by Moses, they do not hate Him whom they do not know. Neither are those from among the Gentiles condemned, who know not Moses on account of Him who hath concealed him, provided that these also, doing the things spoken by Jesus, do not hate Him whom they do not know. And some will not be profited by calling the teachers lords, but not doing the works of servants. For on this account our Jesus Himself said to one who often called Him Lord, but did none of the things which He prescribed, ‘Why call ye me Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?’ For it is not saying that will profit any one, but doing. By all means, therefore, is there need of good works. Moreover, if any one has been thought worthy to recognize both as preaching one doctrine, that man has been counted rich in God, understanding both the old things as new in time, and the new things as old.”

Those very few who possess the depth of insight to be able to pierce beneath the garb of the allegorical text of the Old Testament, know that there is no difference between what is written in the Old and New Testaments -- with the exception that the New presents a more realistic portrayal of God and what is expected of man in his search for the Kingdom within. Prior to the fourth century, many Christians did not even use the Old Testament because of its power to deceive -- and the Old Testament was used by the Church of Constantine as a means to promote their violence against their opponents. How could they kill in the name of the God of Yeshua who required all men to turn the other cheek? They could not! So they drew their image of God out of the literal text of the allegorical Old Testament, and worshiped the Left Hand of God.

In our present time there are groups who call themselves Nazarenes who are born again Pharisees who desire to build the third temple and begin to sacrifice animals in accord with the literal text of the Old Testament. These people are thoroughly deceived by these ancient Mystery religion writings that can only be understood by initiates of the system. The Jehovah's Witnesses, Evangelical Christians, and other groups all derive their perception of God from the Old Testament -- to their own spiritual demise. Peter states to his disciple Clement: "...Let not any one of you, therefore, altogether complain of Simon, or of any one else; for nothing happens unjustly, since even the falsehoods of Scripture are with good reason presented for a test.” The test is that those who hold unworthy ideas pertaining to God, and fail to live in accord with the Royal Law, are themselves banished from the Kingdom and the Knowledge of the Truth. So why would I want to begin with writings that are a source of spiritual deception? And this is why though I understand the inner meaning of the allegory, I rarely quote the Old Testament.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 10:38
The Christians
A Deceived and Spiritually Disenfranchised People

The Christian world has no idea that they cannot simply read the Torah and other scriptures and get the true sense of the Word about God. While seeing only the garb of what appears to be historical accounts, they fail to perceive that these accounts must be made spiritual events in the life of the Disciple in search of Truth and Light. They open the Torah and Prophetic Books and search for Jesus, not knowing that Jesus and Messiah are not the same -- and Messiah can only be found through strict imitation of Yeshua the Nazirene as the pattern given to the non-Jews to embrace and follow.

Quoting the Gospel of the Nazirenes

Yeshua/Jesus Said: "But the time cometh when darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people, and the enemies of truth and righteousness shall rule in my name, and set up a kingdom of this world and oppress the peoples.... putting for my doctrines the opinions of men, and teaching in my name that which I have not taught and darkening much that I have taught by their traditions. But be of good cheer, for the time will also come when the truth they have hidden shall be manifested and the light shall shine, and the darkness shall pass away and the true kingdom shall be established which shall be in the world but not of it, and the word of righteousness and love shall go forth from the Center...."

Yeshua/Jesus Said: "There shall arise after you, men of perverse minds who shall through ignorance or through craft, suppress many things which I have spoken unto you, and lay to me things which I never taught....Woe is the time when the spirit of the world entereth into the Church, and my doctrines and precepts are made void through the corruptions of men and women....But the time cometh when the things which they have hidden shall be revealed and made known, and the truth shall make free those which were bound"

Yeshua/Jesus Said: "They shall make alliance with the kings and rulers of the world and seek earthly power, and riches, and domination, and put to death by fire and sword those who seek the truth, and therefore are truly my disciples. And in their days, Jesus, shall be crucified a-fresh and put to open shame, for they will profits to do these things in my name. As I shall be nailed to the cross, so also shall my Church in those days, for she is my Bride and one with me. But the day shall come when this darkness shall pass away, and the true light shall shine.... And my Church shall be filled with Light and give Light unto all nations of the earth...."

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 11:23
The Allegorical Torah/Law

Neither Jew nor Christian is exempt from the Law: While many Christian falsely believe that they are exempt from the Law by virtue of their faith in Messiah/Christ, Yeshua/Jesus himself said that this was not so. That Yeshua affirmed the keeping of the Law is seen in his words: "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and so teaches others, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 5:18-20 NAS).

It is important to recognize that the first followers of Yeshua while said to be Torah Observant, did not keep the Law in the ritual manner of the Jews, and neither did they reject the Law in the manner of the Christians? This is an important question because it was the position of the disciples of Yeshua that he became the Messiah by totally fulfilling the Law within himself -- and that as we do the same by way of imitation, that we too will become the Anointed of the Lord (Messiah/Christ). So what is the solution? Perhaps the answer that both Christians and Jews have overlooked, is the warning by Paul that God has hardened the hearts and minds of the Jews of the flesh so they cannot look into the soul and spirit of the Law, and thereby never get a true sense of what is being conveyed beneath the written body of the text that Paul referred to as the "letter that killeth"

In the exact same manner as the enlightened Jewish Rabbi's, the early Christian Church Father Origen writes: “It is sufficient however, to represent in the style of a historic narrative what is intended to convey a secret meaning in the garb of history, that those who have the capacity may work out for themselves all that relates to the subject.” And with regard to what would otherwise be historical symbols and events that would appear to us as the knowledge of superficial episodes of the past, Origen writes: “I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed” (Origen - Huet., Prigeniana, 167 Franck, p. 142). Students of Hebrew Mysticism will perceive that what the third-century Christian Church Father Origen wrote was no different than what is contained in the Zohar, where it states: “The narratives of the doctrine are its cloak. The simple look only on the garment, that is upon the narrative of the doctrine; more they know not. The instructed, however, see not merely the cloak, but what the cloak covers”.

These great truths are again demonstrated in the words of Moses Maimonedes, one of the most respected of Jewish theologians, historian, and Talmudist, where he writes about the nature of scripture: “Every time that you find in our books a tale the reality of which seems impossible, a story which is repugnant to both reason and common sense, then be sure that the tale contains a profound allegory veiling a deeply mysterious truth; and the greater the absurdity of the letter, the deeper the wisdom of the spirit”. These same truths are again conveyed to us in the words of the Church Historian Eusebius: “Many were led astray by reading the allegorical contents of the scriptures literally in the method of the Pharisees and Sadducees”. What these symbols truly mean is perhaps best expressed by G.R.S. Mead in his celebrated work, Fragments of a Faith Forgotten, where he explained that, once properly understood, the true meaning of what is “…projected onto the screen…” of the scriptures, “…was in reality a picture of their [man’s] own minds”. In view of the fact that Yeshua himself taught that the Kingdom of God is within us (Luke 17:20-21), that the scriptures were in fact a blueprint of man’s own mind begins to make a great deal of sense.

What Moses Maimonedes is stating, then, is that there exist many parts of the scriptures that are literally and historically not true. Isn't Paul stating this exact same truth when he writes to the Galatians who are attempting to embrace Jewish ritualistic ways, and states: “Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?” And then Paul goes on to explain to those who want to attempt to read the written word literally, in an historical context as Christians do today: “For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory” (Gal 4:21-24 KJV).

That the Jew who remained of a natural carnal mindset could not see beyond the symbols of the allegory, and their eyes and hearts were hardened so they could not comprehend the true meaning of the scriptures, is readily understood where Paul states that “their minds were blinded” by God, “for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament… even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart” (2 Cor 3:14-15 KJV). The time has come for this vail to be removed from the eyes of all Christians. What modern non-Jews fail to realize today, is the reality that all men of the flesh are equally blind to the Truth of God!

From a spiritual perspective, when the Jews worship the god of the literal word -- with rituals, animal sacrifices, incense, in a temple made with the hands of men, it can truly be said that the Jews worshiped a false god. And what was it that the scriptures used by the Jews said: "The multitude of your sacrifices-- what are they to me? says the LORD. I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-- I cannot bear your evil assemblies. Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood; wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow" (Isa 1:11-17 NIV).

Why does the Most High God take no pleasure in rituals, sacrifices, incense, Sabbaths and New Moon festivals? In the words of the Church Father Origen: “I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed.” And in the words of Paul: "Which things are an allegory.” And in the words of the Jewish Mystic: “The narratives of the doctrine are its cloak. The simple look only on the garment, that is upon the narrative of the doctrine; more they know not. The instructed, however, see not merely the cloak, but what the cloak covers”.

This truth the Apostle Paul confirmed to the Gentiles, and the Gentiles then incorporated this understanding into their own sacred writings. The problem is that from this false perception of the Hebrew scriptures was born the Christian Gnostic doctrine that the god of the Jews was a demiurge -- a lower god -- and not the same god that Yeshua declared. Again the problem was that the Christian Gnostics were neither right nor wrong, and from this limited perception was born an even greater error which gave birth to the Gentile doctrine that Christians were exempt from living in accordance with the Law of Moses and the Commandments of God as revealed in the Old Testament. This in turn gave birth to the Christian heresy that has evolved into the present-day lawless state among believers -- grave misconceptions that have been derived from the Epistles of Paul -- as demonstrated in the Barnes’ Notes Commentary for James 2:26: "...all history has shown, the statements of Paul on the subject of justification are liable to great abuse. All the forms of Antinomianism have grown out of such abuse, and are only perverted statements of his doctrine. It has been said, that if Christ has freed us from the necessity of obeying the law in order to justification; if he has fulfilled it in our stead, and borne its penalty, then the law is no longer binding on those who are justified, and they are at liberty to live as they please. It has been further said, that if we are saved by faith alone, a man is safe the moment he believes, and good works are therefore not necessary. It is possible that such views as these began to prevail as early as the time of James, and, if so, it was proper that there should be an authoritative apostolic statement to correct them, and to check these growing abuses. If, therefore, James had, as it has been supposed he had, any reference to the sentiments of Paul, it was not to correct his sentiments, or to controvert them but it was to correct the abuses which began already to flow from his doctrines, and to show that the alleged inferences did not properly follow from the opinions which he held; or, in other words, to show that the Christian religion required men to lead holy lives, and that the faith by which it was acknowledged that the sinner must be justified, was a faith which was productive of good works".

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 12:34
The Allegorical Torah/Law
The higher purpose of the law

The higher purpose of the law: Unlike the Gentiles who proclaimed an allegiance to a philosophy that redeemed them from their own sinful ways, and then continued to live in the same manner as everyone else, the Hebrew holy men went to the heart of the matter in their quest to bridge the gap between this world and the Kingdom within (Luke 17:20-21). Because the masses of people -- being of a carnal mindset -- cannot embrace the revelation of higher knowledge, what the Hebrews created was a religious culture -- a way of life -- that brought man and God together in every aspect of the people’s lives.

The objective of the Hebrew holy men was to shift the perception of the common people beyond the physical, and develop them to the point where they were better able to overcome their very carnal nature that banished man from his true place of origination. What they accomplished was to devise a practical means to fulfill the objective, which was contained in the words: I "...bridle the whole body" (James 3:2 KJV); or "...beat my body and make it my slave..." (1 Cor 9:27 NIV); "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature" (Col 3:5 NIV) -- Which spiritual concepts can be realized in the requirement set forth by the Apostle Paul when he said that all Christians should "...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Cor 10:5 NIV)? How solemnly this requirement was set forth can be seen in the words of Jesus where he warned: "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment" (Matt 12:36 KJV).

From the perspective of the people of the Nations, these biblical statements embody rigid extremism in its ultimate form. How can man bridle his body -- beat it to make it his slave -- put to death his earthly nature -- and "...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"? How can we be judged for every idle word that we speak?

Yet, these verses of scripture represent core spiritual concepts that are absent from religiously based philosophy -- and in these statements is confirmed the words found in the Imitation of Christ where it is written: "‘If any love Me, he will keep My words, and We will come unto him, and will make our abode with him’. Give therefore, admittance unto Christ, and deny entrance to all others... Blessed are they who long to give their time to God, and who cut themselves off from the hindrances of the world. Consider these things, my soul, and close the door of your senses, so that you can hear what the Lord your God speaks within you."

Are These Teachings Extreme? Is the original New Covenant teachings the embodiment of extremism, as our liberal thinkers would reason today? Yes it is extreme -- until we truly become cognizant of the fact that we dwell in a prison -- i.e., our true self exists in a twelve dimensional reality that is beyond even our imagination and ability to contemplate -- and because our true (soul) presence is so reduced by the three dimensions of this very incomplete realm, our intelligence and power of mind has been diminished to a mere fraction of our potential. In the same way that we would question the wisdom of a parent who keeps their child locked in a room and separated from the outside world, it is not until we comprehend that the term extremism is only applicable to the poverty in which we presently dwell, can we begin to walk the path that the men and women of wisdom have called The Way.

The Purpose of The Law Is Not Understood: The essence of living in accordance with the Law is not constrainment, but to bring God-awareness into every experience of life -- thereby creating the foundational mindset that enables ones vital energies to be channeled back into one’s inner Source, rather than out into the world. If the heathen is to become the Jew -- and the Jew is to be transformed into Israel -- there is no other means to bring this about. From a biblical perspective, what one’s subjectivity to the Law of God accomplishes, is to start the process where man’s innate spiritual nature begins to become more manifest in the life of the people.

The Esoteric Application of The Law: In many respects the soul is as a conductor of this observable power, with the ultimate source of this energy being God. In the same way that all energy is moved because of a difference of potential -- a negative and positive polarity -- the bio-energy upon which our thoughts, consciousness and life-force ride upon and manifest our soul in this world as living beings, can be moved between the polarities either external to us through nature, or internal -- thus we have the foundational principle of the teachings of the Two Ways.

When Moses said to the people: "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deut 30:19 KJV); in the world of religious philosophies, this is known as the Two Ways. Throughout the New Testament Jesus taught about the Two Ways -- especially as seen in his words: "Enter through the narrow gate; For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it" (Matt 7:13-14 NIV).

When we permit our bio-energy to be bled off into the world, this is indicative of the biblical condition known as carnal -- which is represented in the scriptures as the "broad way" that leads to destruction. The result of this lifestyle is that we become sense bound -- resulting in the condition where our inner resources of higher mind never develops, and the presence of our soul and our spiritual nature remains dormant. On the other hand, we enter through the narrow gate when we begin to channel our bio-energy within us, rather than squander it in the world. It is as water flowing through a leak in a dike. In the beginning its just a trickle -- but as the water continues to flow, the opening becomes larger and larger.

In comprehending these great truths, we can also understand why those teachings which were referred to as the Mysteries of God could not be understood by the carnal minded believers. Because they were only using a mere fraction of their potential of mind, they simply did not possess the tools to even begin to contemplate the true essence of the sacred teachings. These great truths cannot be taught, in the manner that we teach today -- they can only be learned through man’s direct spiritual interaction and experience with the Divine. Holy men could act as guides -- and direct the disciples quest in a more pure direction -- but in view of the fact that man’s true quest is one of self-discovery, the path of Life must be explored by each of us in pursuit of our destiny.

One of the major problems that confront man today is that it is very difficult to accomplish these spiritual milestones alone. Something that is beyond our present-day understanding is the effect of another person’s presence within the close proximity of each other. Because we are all connected at the essence of our being with the One True Source of Life -- and it is the same vital force moving out into creation upon which each of our own individual consciousness dwells -- the presence of other people actually invokes the vibration that they represent within our own mind and being.

What this means is that when we are in the presence of a true holy man, his entrance into our outer domain draws our consciousness towards the vibration that he represents within us -- with the result being that we are drawn closer to God. In like manner, when we are in the presence of an evil man -- one who is spiritually unclean -- one who lives a sinful life -- their proximity to our domain can draw us into their vibration. Thus, it is for this reason that the Bible places such strong emphasis on the necessity of marriage, family and community, as part of the foundation of genuine religion. Moreover, because Paul understood the dynamics of how others influence us, it was for this reason that the Apostle confirmed the need for Christians to live separate and apart from the unbelievers: "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you" (2 Cor 6:17 NIV). What the Apostle is stating is a fundamental Bible truth that to our own detriment we ignorantly ignore. That in our present-day philosophical perception of the Word we have violated this great truth, has only contributed to our own spiritual defilement. -- but the impact upon our children can be spiritually devastating.

The Holy men did not need to teach in our sense of the word. His very presence invoked a higher mindset -- and even without words, he had the power to draw the disciple closer to God. In the case of Jesus, he had the power to take his disciples beyond the barrier of this world, and open the door to spiritual realms. On the other hand, his presence caused the violent nature of the spiritual impostors to erupt in his condemnation. Why? Because those who dwell in darkness, fear the Light.

In the same way that the true spiritual depth was lost when sacred writings such as these were translated into the Hebrew of the masses, the translation into Greek made it at best, mealy a revelation of the lesser mysteries. Moreover, when the Greek texts are then translated into a language such as English, they retain little more than a moral code by which the multitude of believers can use to shape their lives. The result is that the scriptures, being devoid of their multidimensional essence, have lost their power to invoke the inner dimensions of man’s spiritual nature.

Stefanus
2nd August 2009, 13:58
Christianity - The Counterfeit Philosophy

Even today, though our biblical scholars do not possess the spiritual depth to comprehend the far reaching implications of the true New Covenant, what they saw in the caves of Qumran came as no surprise to informed people. "Biblical scholars", said the late A. Powell Davies, "were not disturbed by what they found in the Dead Sea Scrolls because they had known all along that the origin of Christianity was not what was commonly supposed to have been" (quoted by Millar Burrows in More Light on the Dead Sea Scrolls). They knew all along that Jesus was part of a movement -- a movement whose quest was to be God’s "kingdom of priests, and an holy nation" (Ex 19:6). Didn’t Jesus himself tell us: "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews" (John 4:22 KJV).

One of the great problems that confront us today is that the essence of New Covenant thought is so foreign to our modern culture, that we cannot even envision what is revealed in the scrolls. In many respects, the Dead Sea Scrolls have given birth to still another form of error, as seen in the words of Edmund Wilson, an expert who worked on the scrolls, in his book The Scrolls From The Dead Sea who raises the question as to what difference it makes if "Jesus... had been trained in the discipline and imbued with the thought of a certain Jewish sect, and that he had learned from it the role that he afterwards lived..."? Thus, the problem is that carnal man is incapable of comprehending the true place of Jesus in the history of mankind.

The obstacle that confronts us is that until we begin to embrace a more clear understanding of the true nature of Yeshua in relation to ourselves and the purpose of Creation, we will remain spiritually stagnant, and the gates to the Kingdom will continue to be obscured from our perception. Who was Yeshua in the eyes of those who lived with him, spoke to him, and was taught by him? Their perception of Jesus is captured by Gibbon where he wrote concerning the Hebrew followers of Jesus: "They revered Jesus as the greatest of the prophets, endowed with supernatural virtue and power. They ascribed to his person and to his future reign all the predictions of the Hebrew oracles which relate to the spiritual and everlasting kingdom of the promised Messiah" (Gibbon; Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire, V.2, P.222).

Writing about the beliefs of the very first followers of Yeshua, as demonstrated in the doctrines ascribed to the Jewish Messianic believers known as the Ebionites which were held in common with the man Cerinthus, who was himself a Jewish Messianic leader, the second century writer Irenaeus states that they: "represented Jesus as having not been born of a virgin, but as being the son of Joseph and Mary according to the ordinary course of human generation, while he nevertheless was more righteous, prudent, and wise than other men. Moreover, after his baptism, Christ descended upon him in the form of a dove from the Supreme Ruler, and that then he proclaimed the unknown Father, and performed miracles" (Irenaeus, Bk 1, Ch 26, doctrines of Cerinthus).

What the first followers of Yeshua believed was exactly what I have previously demonstrated was written in each of the New Testament Gospels, and is still noted in the footnote of the Revised Standard Version that many of the more ancient manuscripts read: "Today I have begotten thee", instead of the "In thee I am well pleased" at Luke 3:22. Thus, we can alter our scriptures to say anything we please, but the disciples of Yeshua believed what he taught them when he explained that when the Anointing came upon him when he was baptized in the Jordan, it was at that time that he became the Messiah/Christ, as seen in the words: "Today I have begotten thee".

Yeshua taught his disciples that they were all the prodigal sons of the Father -- that being lost in this, the far country, they were all dead -- and he, being the first among his brothers to completely fulfill the Law of God, was the first to return to the Kingdom. This, then, is the perspective of the words where it is written: "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead" (Rev 1:5 KJV).

From a biblical perspective, being reborn from the dead is the exact same destiny of all of mankind as seen in the words of the Apostle: "God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" (Acts 13:33 KJV). Yet, the Gentile world which lacked the God-centered foundation of the Jews, simply refused to believe what Jesus taught, and what the Apostles witnessed to, as can be seen in the words of Barnes’ Notes on Acts 13:33 with respect to the words Have I begotten thee: "This evidently cannot be understood in a literal sense. It literally refers to the relation of an earthly father to his children; but in no such sense can it be applied to the relation of God the Father to the Son. It must, therefore, be figurative".

The Book of Acts tells us that after Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit -- not partially -- or merely inspired -- but speaking with the perception of an Anointed Mind, he proclaimed before the people: "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know" (Acts 2:22 KJV). Thus, Peter confirms the first century doctrine that Yeshua was a man -- a man who was approved by God -- and it was God who performed the "miracles and wonders and signs" through him.

From a biblical perspective, there is nothing in the Old Testament that implies or predicts that the Eternal God will come in the form of man. The prediction was that God would raise up a prophet from among the Jews, like Moses, as seen where it is written: "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him" (Deut 18:15 NIV). When Peter spoke before the Jews, he stated that this prediction applied to Yeshua -- and in so doing, himself called Yeshua a prophet: "Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet from your brethren as he raised me up. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you... This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet from your brethren as he raised me up’" (Acts 3:22;7:37 RSV).

Perhaps more importantly is the fact that Yeshua referred to himself as a prophet, as seen in the words: "But Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house’" (Matt 13:57 RSV). When conversing about his crucifixion, Yeshua again spoke of himself as a prophet, as seen where it is written: "Yes, today, tomorrow, and the next day I must proceed on my way. For it wouldn’t do for a prophet of God to be killed except in Jerusalem!" (Luke 13:33 NLT). Thus, Yeshua told his disciples and followers that he was a prophet.

In Yeshua's prayer to the Father prior to his crucifixion it is written: "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt" (Matt 26:39 KJV). If Jesus was God, and the Father and the Son were not separate and distinct individuals, such a prayer would have been meaningless. In these many such instances where Jesus prays to God -- or the Father -- if they were one and the same, Jesus would have been praying to himself -- and his will, would of necessity have been the Father’s will. Moreover, neither could God call his disciples his brothers, and make the statement: "Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God’" (John 20:17 NIV).

What Yeshua taught his disciples was that he and the Father were One -- but this same Oneness was also applied to his disciples, as seen in the words: "That they may all be one; even as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that Thou didst send Me. And the glory which Thou hast given Me I have given to them; that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that Thou didst send Me, and didst love them, even as Thou didst love Me" (John 17:21-23 NAS). The problem is that we cannot even begin to understand the essence and meaning of this spiritual concept, until we are first able to comprehend our own divided nature -- the reality of our pre-existent soul -- and our vision has been opened to where we are able to see beyond the natural barriers of this world. What Yeshua is saying, though, is that in the same way that he and the Father are One, they too are One.

If Yeshua was God -- or even coequal with God as in the foundation of the doctrine of the Trinity -- Yeshua could never have said to his disciples: "You heard me say, I am going away and I am coming back to you. If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me" (John 14:28-31 NIV). How could a coequal God say that God was greater than he was? Moreover, if they were one and the same personage, how could Jesus say that he must do "exactly what my Father has commanded me".

It is a widely accepted doctrine among Christians today that the disciples and Messianic followers did not comprehend the true nature of Yeshua, because they did not proclaim that he was God -- as did the Pagan Gentile converts. What Yeshua taught his disciple with regard to who he was, is exactly what was stated by Peter after he was totally enlightened by the Holy Spirit: "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know" (Acts 2:22 NIV). Where did Peter get the notion that Jesus was a man -- a man that God performed miracles, wonders and signs through? Didn’t Jesus himself say that "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself..." (John 5:19 NAS); "The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works" (John 14:10 NKJ); "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me" (John 5:30 NKJ); "...I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him" (John 8:28-29 NIV); "for the works which the Father has given Me to finish -- the very works that I do -- bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me" (John 5:36 NKJ); "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You" (John 17:6-7 NKJ).

How could God give God works to finish? How could God know nothing except what God taught him? Moreover, why would God -- a Being that cannot be defiled -- consecrate himself as seen in the words: "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth. As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth" (John 17:16-19 RSV).

Are these just words -- or did Yeshua truly mean that his disciples were not of this world? When Yeshua states that he is At-One with God, does that mean that he is God? And when Jesus states that his disciples are at-one with both him and God, does that make them God? These are question that carnal man is incapable of answering – incapable, until they have themselves attained this level of oneness. Perhaps, then, before we attempt to explain them away with carnal perceptions and traditions in the manner of the Sadducees and Pharisees, we had better do as Jesus said, walk in The Way, and find out the Truth of the matter for ourselves.

In view of what Yeshua taught his disciples and followers, again let us review the direct witness of the Apostle Peter as found in the Clementine Holily number sixteen, Chapter fifteen, where he opposed Simon Magus and states: "Our Lord neither asserted that there were gods except the Creator of all, nor did He proclaim Himself to be God".

It is a well recorded fact of history that the disciples of Yeshua, his brother James, and the Messianic Jewish believers who were his friends, brothers and followers, did not believe that Yeshua was God. Those people who spoke to him -- ate with him -- traveled with him -- and were taught by him -- and was even his brother -- believed exactly as it is written in the scriptures: "But when the multitudes saw it, they marveled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men" (Matt 9:8 KJV).

Fundamentally, every person who was taught directly by Jesus held a common belief of a "supernatural union of a man and a God; and this mystic doctrine was adopted with many fanciful improvements by Carpocrates, Basilides, and Valentine... In their eyes, Jesus of Nazareth was a mere mortal, the legitimate son of Joseph and Mary: but he was the best and wisest of the human race, selected as the worthy instrument to restore upon earth the worship of the true and supreme Deity. When he was baptized in the Jordan, the Christ, the first of the aeons, the Son of God himself, descended on Jesus in the form of a dove, to inhabit his mind, and direct his actions during the allotted period of his ministry" (Gibbon; The Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire, V.4, P.366).

This belief -- that "the Christ, the first of the aeons, the Son of God himself, descended on Jesus in the form of a dove, to inhabit his mind, and direct his actions during the allotted period of his ministry", is simply not understood by the carnal mind of natural man -- as is very clearly stated in the Bible itself. We can only start to comprehend this belief that was held commonly by ALL the faithful believers who were taught directly by Yeshua himself, as well as those who were closest to him in the first century, when we begin to apply what the Apostle Paul put forth in the first chapter of Romans, and explore the belief in relation to our own entrance into this world.

We came into being by virtue of the Powers of Creation coming together -- male and female -- and a part of our parent’s essence -- a divided part -- was merged into a single core unit. This unit, then, did not suddenly spring forth into a body -- but rather, it began the process of expansion and growth by dividing itself. It becomes a person because of a genetic code -- a code that we can liken to a set of predetermined laws that totally controls its formation and growth.

In this respect, our whole existence as the offspring of God is controlled in this same fashion. In the same way that an embryo has a genetic destiny that is predetermined by a set of laws, we are as an embryo that has been planted within the Being of God -- i.e., "in him we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28 KJV) -- because all of Creation has sprang forth from God, and at one level, remains connected to its Source of Being. "They revered Jesus as the greatest of the prophets, endowed with supernatural virtue and power. They ascribed to his person and to his future reign all the predictions of the Hebrew oracles which relate to the spiritual and everlasting kingdom of the promised Messiah" (Gibbon; Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire, V.2, P.222).

When we say that the prodigal son returns to his father -- or that we must "be converted, and become as little children" (Matt 18:3 KJV), which I have already demonstrated means to "turn about", or reverse ones direction -- what we are in fact saying is that we must return to our Source of Being.

Man is plagued by a less than ten percent limitation on his mind because his consciousness is focused on the outer world. For the prodigal son to turn about, he must reverse the attention of his consciousness away from this world, and become aware of the inner source of his being. Most religions the world depict this as following a river to its source -- returning to Mecca or Jerusalem -- of which the Apostle writes: "Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all" (Gal 4:24-26 KJV).

Following a physical river -- or traveling to the Jerusalem or Mecca of this world -- will do little for your spiritual growth. On the other hand, traveling to the spiritual Jerusalem by following the stream of consciousness via that flow of vital life-force into the essence of our being, will bring you before the throne of the Eternal God. Regardless of the fact that such religious concepts have become foreign to the Christian world today, we have no other means to explain the many biblical teachings that the Kingdom is within us (Luke 17:20-21), and that we are the Temple of God (1 Cor 3:16)! If we believe that the Bible is true, and the Kingdom is indeed within us, then we must accept the fact that we have the ability to go there -- i.e., the prodigal son turns about, and returns to his Source of Being.

When we do this, we begin to be able to use a greater amount of our inherent potential of mind. With each step up-stream in consciousness towards the Source of our Being, we begin to see things from both a wider and clearer perception. As our vision becomes more spiritual through the process of moving closer to our soul and spirit, we begin to understand why Jesus condemned both the Sadducees and Pharisees, as well as the religions of the Nations -- i.e., because their illegitimate priests and pseudo-wise men created doctrines which attempted to explain Creation from a carnal perspective -- a perspective which was founded upon a less than ten percent of their potential of mind -- and a perspective that was established upon a very limited vision of a three-dimensional world.

We have no other means to explain the many biblical verses that require us to "...bridle the whole body" (James 3:2 KJV) -- or "...beat my body and make it my slave..." (1 Cor 9:27 NIV) -- or "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature" (Col 3:5 NIV) -- Which spiritual concepts can be realized in the requirement set forth by the Apostle Paul when he said that all Christians should "...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Cor 10:5 NIV) -- or why Jesus warned that "every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment" (Matt 12:36 KJV). Why would such extreme acts of religious discipline be required if all we had to do was have faith and believe? What these concepts speak to us about is the process of transformation from physical to spiritual as we lessen the influence of this world upon us, in the endeavor to find and move into harmony with our inner Source of Being.

In this respect, we can refute the words of Gibbon when he described the beliefs of the first Christians as being in error, because they are allegorical! When Gibbon wrote that "the Christ, the first of the aeons, the Son of God himself, descended on Jesus in the form of a dove, to inhabit his mind, and direct his actions during the allotted period of his ministry" -- what actually happened was that Yeshua -- the first of the prodigal sons to return -- had become so Godly, that he opened the door to the very Source of his being -- the Alpha Cell, which is the very first cell in the order of Creation that is derived from the essence given to each of us by our Mother-Father God -- the original cell that divided itself in the manner of an embryo, until we were brought into being in the manifestation of the people we have come to be throughout all of time as we know it.

All the scriptural references to the Temple and its inner chambers are not indicative of a building perceptible to the human eyes -- i.e., "God... dwelleth not in temples made with hands" (Acts 17:24 KJV) -- and all the many biblical testimonials regarding the temple throughout the scriptures are all allegorical references to the Spiritual Temple within our own minds where the presence of God dwells -- "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (1 Cor 3:16 KJV). As we walk in The Way, and travel along the streams of inner consciousness, we are no longer sense bound and controlled by the god and powers of this physical realm. With every reverse step towards the source of our consciousness -- which can be likened to our entering and moving within the Temple where the Bible states God dwells -- our mind begins to be drawn closer to its true inner source of being. The more it grows nearer to God, the greater its perception and power.

Because by nature, carnal man is imbued with a Darwinist mindset -- i.e., the Christian’s greatest obstacle and stumbling block that causes him difficulty in perceiving spiritual truths -- and only when the Christian begins to look beyond the limitations of the Darwinist mindset, can the believer come to terms with the difference between Jesus, the believer, and the common people that he sees in his life. Because carnal man’s very limited vision of reality does not permit him to understand the process by which Jesus became first the Messiah, and then the Son of God, carnal man views souls such as Jesus as being different than themselves. Yes, it is true, that Yeshua was born very different than the people the Apostle calls the natural man who is incapable of perceiving the things of the spirit (1 Cor 2:14 NKJ), but that is because carnal man has yet to walk the walk that leads along The Way!