PDA

View Full Version : The Devil and the Priest

Die Ou Man
3rd November 2009, 17:55
One evening in summer, as the theocrat, Biblios walked his way towards Wakkerstroom , he heard a painful cry emerging from a ditch at the side of the road. He stopped and looked in the direction of the voice and saw a naked man lying on the ground. Streams of blood oozed from deep wounds in his head and chest. He was moaning pitifully for aid, saying:"Save me. Help me. I am dying!”

Biblios looked with perplexity at the sufferer and said within himself: “This man must be a thief. He probably tried to rob travelers to the holy Grail and failed. Someone has wounded him and I fear that should he die, I may be accused of having taken his life.”
So Biblios resumed his journey.

But the dying man stopped him, calling out:"Do not leave me! I am dying!”

Biblios’ face became pale as he realised he was refusing to help. Biblios walked another few paces when the near-corpse uttered a painful sigh that melted the heart of Biblios and the near-corpse gasped:

"Come close to me! Come, for we have been friends for a long time. You are Biblios, the good shepherd and I am not a thief, nor a madman. Come and I will tell you who I am.”

Biblios came close to the man, knelt and stared at him but he saw a strange face with contrasting features. He saw intelligence with slyness, ugliness with beauty and wickedness with softness.

Biblios exclaimed: "Who are you? Tell me who you are?"

The agonising man replied: "You have seen me a thousand times and you speak of me every day. I am dearer than your own life.”

In a deep and smooth voice the man said:"I am the Devil".

Biblios cried out saying: “God has shown me your hellish image. Cursed be you for evermore!”

The Devil replied: “You know not what you are saying, nor understand the crime you are about to commit on yourself. My disdain for humanity is not greater than your hatred for yourself. Do you not realise that you will starve to death if I were to die? What would you do tomorrow if you allowed me to die today? What job would you pursue if my name disappeared? For years you have the people bought your advice with their poor Rands and with the products of the land. What would they buy from you tomorrow if they discovered that I no longer existed? Your occupation would die with me, for the people would be free of sin. As a priest, do you not realise that my existence alone has created my enemy, the Church? Our ancient conflict has removed the gold and silver from the Faithfull’s pocket into your coffers. How can you permit me to die here, when you know it will surely cause you to lose your prestige, your church, your home and your livelihood ?"

Biblios stared at the Devil as one bewildered.

The devil continued: “I am the builder of convents, monasteries and churches. I build bars and whorehouses on the foundation of lust and self gratification. I am the inspiration of falsehood, slander, treachery, deceit and mockery and if I were to be removed from this world, human society would become a deserted field in which only the thorns of virtue would thrive. I am the father and mother of sin and if sin were to vanish, the fighters of sin would vanish with it, along with their families and structures. I am the heart of all evil! Would you still wish me to die?”

Biblios stammered: “I know now what I did not know an hour ago. Forgive my ignorance. You must live, for in your life is the salvation of humanity from vice and sin.”

Biblios rolled up his sleeves, lifted the Devil onto his back and walked towards the Wakkerstroom hospital, his lips moving in prayer for the life of the dying Devil.

Geskryf deur Klippies (http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3190427&highlight=Biblios#post3190427).

leerling
8th November 2009, 06:33
Goeiemore. Ek het dan ook gelees van die: Gelykenis van die bruilof in Matt. 22 vers1 tot 14. Groete en rustige dag.