PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracies in Religions

Stefanus
8th February 2010, 18:49
Yahweh is a storm god

by SpeakerofTruth (http://www.abovetopsecret.com)

I believe in an ultimate God, or force that created the universe. However, it is increasingly becoming clear to me that the God I worship is not the same one as traditionalists worship.

Initially a storm god or "god of the atmosphere," Yahweh has come a long way and is now the God of the cosmos whose original name is interchangeable with the general moniker "God."

Storm god

Most Christians are not even aware that Jews were polytheistic. They act as though there was only one recognized God in Judaism. This is far from the truth.

Generally, Western God-believers who cross-culturally accept Yahweh as their one and only God also are ignorant of his original status as one of many gods in a system of Jewish polytheism. Eventually, the other Gods in the Hebrew pantheon were rejected and Yahweh kept.

Polytheism

Why do Christians never talk about this?Yet they are real quick to degrade other belief systems. Do they even know the history of their own faith? I think not.

He appears to Moses in flames of fire, thunder, lightening and cloud. He continued to be remembered in the Hebrew history as a thunder god. Like the storm God Baal, Yahweh was known as the ‘rider of the clouds.’

Thunder god

It has become awfully apparent to me that the traditionalists worship this strange, angry, wrathful and, yes, even murderous god. Why? Did Christ not tell the Jews that "You're father is the devil?" What "father" was he referring to?

Well, let's take a look at what the Jews revered during the time of Christ.

Some have advanced the variety as proof that the Torah has many authors (see documentary hypothesis). It is also held that the only "name of God" in the Tanakh is Yahweh (the English rendering of YHWH), whereas words such as Elohim (God), El (mighty one), El Shaddai (almighty God), Adonai (master), El Elyon (most high God), Avinu (our Father), etc. are not names, but titles, highlighting different aspects of YHWH, and the various roles which He has.

Names

Now,what is really important to understanding Jesus' contempt for this "father" is knowing what this "father" did. Of course, a cursory glance of the Old Testament, gives you a good idea, but let's have a refresher course. Shall we!!??

This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. (1st Sam 15:2-3)

Violence

So, I'm supposed to believe that my God did this? Sorry, I don't buy it. That's not the God I worship, and it wasn't the God of Christ either.

Here is another against his own "Chosen" people:

Joshua 11:20, "For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses."

Really now?

I could go on and on, and on. However, there is no need. I think what I have pointed out is sufficient enough to understand my point.

Now, when one looks at the world today, we scratch our heads. We have so-called "Christians" proclaiming that "All who do not believe as I will burn in hell." Even worse, there are Muslims who call for the beheading and complete annihilation of those who don't believe as they do.

Why? The answer is simple. They are the products of misled doctrines. Yet they keep filling their minds with falsities.

All I can say is I worship the Universal God, not some storm god, or moon god, or any other kind of god. I worship THE GOD, just as Christ did two thousand years ago.

I worship a God that is loving, compassionate and forgiving. What god some other people are worshiping I know not. I know it's not my God.