PDA

View Full Version : What I might say to?

Internet Ministry
26th September 2010, 17:04
1. an agnostic
Welcome to the majority of population earth who don’t know everything, can’t prove much of anything else and talk mostly about what they only ‘wish’ they knew but don’t need to give it a Name? :) Though neither right nor wrong and it’s certainly your prerogative to sit on the fence; did you ever think of Making Up Your Mind About It, as long as it’s not evil, and ‘going with it’ to see what it might lead to? Most common synonyms perhaps for agnostic:
unsure, ignorant, clueless, dumbfounded, constipated, wishy-washy, lofty, whiney, honest, uncommitted, hypocrite, doubtful, along with hundreds of others most of which perhaps most people would probably not want to be thought of ‘as’?
Some possibly expected responses for when someone says: “Hey everyone, I’m agnostic.”:
1. Who cares? 2. Either ____ or get off the pot. 3. Oh sorry; my condolences. 4. Why? 5. And You’re proud of that because? 6. What time is it? 7. Good for you. 8. Have you tried therapy? 9. Love to stay and chat but I’ve actually made up my mind to be something today. 10. How? 11. Is it contagious/hereditary?

. . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

2. an atheist
Why do you call yourself an atheist when You can’t prove God does not exist any more than Christians can prove God does exist? So you’re proud of that because? Why do you like the taste of mustard? Why do you not like the taste of mustard? Who cares since believers cannot prove the existence of God any more than Science can prove God doesn’t exist or can prove the big bang theory or intelligent design or any other theories of how mankind was created. That’s why it’s called a “theory” because theories cannot be proven unless/until they are proven and you’ll almost certainly be deceased without ever knowing or proving?

But maybe you’re exploring forums because you’re not truly an atheist either and so you’re naturally trying to find out which “theory” might be best for You to believe? And if you really want to know if God exists, you shouldn’t be asking this forum but rather you have to ask God because that’s the way it works and if so, you’re in luck because your options are simple too? It’s either True or False that God exists. Which means:
1. False; if God doesn’t exist and you’re content to choose death as your inevitable destiny, then you will die an atheist.
2. True; if God does exist and you choose death instead of eternal life in paradise, then you will die an atheist and then be resurrected only to suffer God’s wrath for eternity instead.

Hmmm, wonder what a sane person would hope for? What were the choices again? Oh ya; it’s either eternal paradise or eternal suffering. Yikes that’s a toughy because who in their right mind would want to pass up the hope for ‘eternal suffering’? :)

Your choice. :) . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

3. a Christian
What are You doing in a forum? Do you think that God doesn’t notice believers are just using the Internet as an excuse to ‘avoid’ Having To Physically Go Into All The World and do what Jesus commands [Mark 16:15-18]? Ergo, most believers aren’t joining forums to serve God or experience fellowship in Christ but rather they just want to boast and start arguments and insult everyone who doesn’t agree with their limited understanding of “God” or even worse and perhaps more likely; they were tempted into a forum by the devil to distract them From God? Thus, “forums” created to entice idle lazy disobedient believers to cower behind Alias usernames being judgmental hypocrites hatefully spewing biblical quotes from ignorance instead of declaring their Real names and going into the Real world and serving God as they Really should be doing and perhaps like many believers that spend most of their time studying the bible instead of ‘doing’ what it says? Can you say: [BUSTED!]? ;)

No offense intended to anyone either and I’ve been accused of being each of the 3. :) Sorry I don't understand your Language either so I had no idea which category to post this in.

knipmes
26th September 2010, 20:27
...No offense intended to anyone either and I’ve been accused of being each of the 3. :) Sorry I don't understand your Language either so I had no idea which category to post this in...

Welcome to the Forum, Internet Ministry,

No offense taken, as this Forum allows all to their own opinion, regardless.... provided it's done within boundaries of respectful mature responsibility.

groetnis (until later...)
knipmes (my nickname in Afrikaans translates into "pocket knife")

Vicky
29th September 2010, 22:12
1. an agnostic
Welcome to the majority of population earth who don’t know everything, can’t prove much of anything else and talk mostly about what they only ‘wish’ they knew but don’t need to give it a Name? :) Though neither right nor wrong and it’s certainly your prerogative to sit on the fence; did you ever think of Making Up Your Mind About It, as long as it’s not evil, and ‘going with it’ to see what it might lead to? Most common synonyms perhaps for agnostic:

Hi Internet Ministry, and welcome to Wendag. May I ask what convinced you to join our forum?

Thank goodness your list consists only of three, but as you are probably aware there are actually thousands of categories different believers could be labeled under. That is exactly one of the basic reasons for starting this forum.

This is a place many people, who do not all believe in the same way, can talk to each other and search for the truth together by discussing and debating various topics - in peace. I would say probably the only condition for someone to discuss their views on this forum, is that they respect the views of their fellow members. No one person can claim that their way is the only True Way, but debating in a loving way, can certainly contribute substantially to the well being of one's soul, and bring us even closer to our Father.

The need for a forum like this is also largely a result of the many different religions and also even different groups within one specific religion, where people become so absorbed in their own little world, brain-washed and narrow minded that they judge and condemn those brave enough to ask the questions that confuse them. Here we encourage each other to ask the questions which are sometimes forbidden to ask within the normal structures of formal religion - questions that often sees one judged and condemned. Therefore we certainly do not mind members using nicknames, as it gives them a sense of freedom to ask the questions they want to ask and discuss the topics they want to discuss without fear of rejection from those who know them, but yet in their personal lives they still experience the growth in their spiritual lives as a result of what they learn from their inter-actions here and elsewhere. So yes, there is definitely a need for a place where people can join each other in a common search for Truth.

When you are born from above, there is no need for proof. The proof is already there in your heart - the Kingdom of Heaven is within our hearts - we just need to find it and get the cobwebs out of the way. Cobwebs spun by false priests over thousands of years.

Debating on the internet does not make one's contribution in our daily lives at work and at home any less, but there is also a responsibility towards those searching for a place to discuss religious topics in an intellectual and mature way on the internet.

Hope you enjoy your journey with us.