PDA

View Full Version : Why does God allow natural disasters?

Silencio
21st March 2011, 22:31
Question: "Why does God allow natural disasters, i.e. earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis?"

Answer: Why does God allow earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, cyclones, mudslides, and other natural disasters? Tragedies such as Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the 2008 cyclone in Myanmar, the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, and the 2011 earthquake/tsunami near Japan cause many people to question God’s goodness. It is distressing that natural disasters are often termed “acts of God” while no “credit” is given to God for years, decades, or even centuries of peaceful weather. God created the whole universe and the laws of nature (Genesis 1:1 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Genesis%201.1)). Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Hurricanes, typhoons, and tornados are the results of divergent weather patterns colliding. Earthquakes are the result of the earth’s plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake.

The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Colossians%201.16-17)). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see in Deuteronomy 11:17 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Deuteronomy%2011.17) and James 5:17 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/James%205.17). Numbers 16:30-34 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Numbers%2016.30-34) shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation. Romans 8:19-21 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Romans%208.19-21) tells us, “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.” The fall of humanity into sin had effects on everything, including the world we inhabit. Everything in creation is subject to “frustration” and “decay.” Sin is the ultimate cause of natural disasters just as it is the cause of death, disease, and suffering.

We can understand why natural disasters occur. What we do not understand is why God allows them to occur. Why did God allow the tsunami to kill over 225,000 people in Asia? Why did God allow Hurricane Katrina to destroy the homes of thousands of people? For one thing, such events shake our confidence in this life and force us to think about eternity. Churches are usually filled after disasters as people realize how tenuous their lives really are and how life can be taken away in an instant. What we do know is this: God is good! Many amazing miracles occurred during the course of natural disasters that prevented even greater loss of life. Natural disasters cause millions of people to reevaluate their priorities in life. Hundreds of millions of dollars in aid is sent to help the people who are suffering. Christian ministries have the opportunity to help, minister, counsel, pray, and lead people to saving faith in Christ! God can, and does, bring great good out of terrible tragedies (Romans 8:28 (http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Romans%208.28)).

bron: http://www.gotquestions.org/natural-disasters.html

Hierdie atrikel is nie noodwendig my eie opinie nie maar interessant hoe die mense glo?

Groetnis
Silencio

Die Ou Man
23rd March 2011, 19:02
Die opskrif vra 'n geldige vraag.

Ek aanvaar dat die "God" waarna verwys word, die jaloerse Jahweh van die Ou Testament is.

Die antwoord is eenvoudig.

Jahweh het geen beheer oor die skepping nie, want hy het dit nie geskep nie.

Die Ou Man
23rd March 2011, 19:12
Die artikel verwys na "evil people" en onderskei hulle van Jahweh. Tóg word aangedui dat die "evil people" met toestemming van Jahweh optree. In wese word die "evil people" dan die verlengstuk van Jahweh se wil.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation.

Kan Jahweh nie maar sy "evil people" onttrek nie?

Of is Jahweh self 'n "evil" god?

Die Ou Man
23rd March 2011, 19:37
Die Bybel gee 'n redelike aanduiding oor wie agter bose handelinge sit. Dit is nie die Duiwel nie, maar die kranksinnige Jahweh van die Ou Testament.

Deuteronomy 28:35

Die HERE sal jou tref met bose swere aan die knieë en aan die bene--waarvan jy nie gesond kan word nie--van jou voetsool tot jou skedel.

Judges 9:23

het God 'n bose gees gestuur tussen Abiméleg en die burgers van Sigem, en die burgers van Sigem het troueloos gehandel teen Abiméleg,

1 Samuel 16:14

Maar die Gees van die HERE het van Saul gewyk, en 'n bose gees, deur die HERE gestuur, het hom verskrik.

1 Samuel 16:15

Toe sê die dienaars van Saul vir hom: Kyk tog, 'n bose gees van God verskrik u:

1 Samuel 16:16

laat ons heer net sê, en u dienaars wat voor u staan, sal 'n man soek wat op die siter kan speel; en as die bose gees van God oor u is, moet hy speel met sy hand, dan sal dit beter met u word.

1 Samuel 18:10

Die volgende dag het die bose gees van God oor Saul vaardig geword, sodat hy rasend was binne-in die huis terwyl Dawid soos elke dag met sy hand speel, en Saul 'n spies in sy hand hou.

1 Samuel 19:9

Maar 'n bose gees van die HERE het oor Saul gekom terwyl hy in sy huis sit met sy spies in sy hand en Dawid met die hand op die snare speel.

Die Ou Man
23rd March 2011, 20:03
Jahweh erken dan dat hy die god van die bose is.

Isaiah 45:5-7

I am Yehowah, and there is none else, there is no Elohiym (God or
Children Of God) beside me:I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
that there is no one other than me.I am YHVH, and there is no one else.

7I (alone) form the light, and create darkness:I (alone) make peace,
and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

6 ... Ek is die HERE, en daar is geen ander nie;

7wat die lig formeer en die duisternis skep, die heil bewerk en die onheil skep: Ek, die HERE, is dit wat al hierdie dinge doen.

Stefanus
23rd March 2011, 20:32
To put the matter in a single phrase, the greatest deception of YHVH is to prompt you, me and everyone in the world to believe that he is not Satan. He manipulates us to accept something quite opposite. Satan wants people to believe that he is a righteous spirit being who has nothing but your interest (and the interest of all human beings on earth) as his chief desire and that his ultimate goal is to promote your welfare and prosperity. Truly, he wants you to succeed and be prosperous if you will only do things his way. Using the vernacular of the present day, though Satan is truly a bad guy (the worst of the worst), he projects himself to the world and to you and me as a good guy (the best of the best) and Satan has accomplished his task quite effectively. Truthfully, however, Christ Jesus accurately called Satan a murderer from the beginning. He goes about as a roaring lion to devour whom he might, but the impression that Satan wishes to give of himself is utterly different. He wants to express to the world (and to you and me) the very opposite characteristics. And believe me, Satan has managed to pull off the grandest subterfuge ever conceived in the history of the world.

"Shall the trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord [YHVH] hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6)

"The Lord [YHVH] hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil." (Proverbs 16:4)

"false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness" (II Corinthians 11:13-15).