Thread: The Wisdom of the Soul

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default The world we live in - CHAPTER X - FACING THE FACTS

CHAPTER X

FACING THE FACTS

TO-DAY, the day of Aquarius, spiritual forces are projecting upon the earth, and God is offering new light to mankind.

Already there is a growing demand for an enquiry into the radiation effects of atomic explosions upon the life of the human race. Those in authority are trying, by all manner of means, to stifle the growing uneasiness,1 but this cannot be done because it is being stimulated by a vital spiritual Thought-Force now falling upon those sons of men inhabiting the earth. It will grow in spite of all opposition, and the more it is ignored the more it will thrive and flourish.

The great masses of humanity throughout the world are tired of wars and destruction, and have begun to realise that those who have led them for so long have done so mostly for their own personal benefit.

Yet, those who earnestly desire peace must beware and not fall into the trap laid for them by those evil men who would exploit the present agitation against the carrying out of atomic experiments. If enough effective opposition can be created within the Anti-Communist nations, if ignorant and fanatical people, for political vote-catching purposes, cause a stoppage of the manufacture of nuclear weapons, then the Communists would have dealt a death blow against freedom.

My Master tells me that Communism will never rest from its attempts to subdue the Anti-Communist nations in opposition to it. It will give all manner of "lip-service," primarily with the object of turning the people of the free world against their respective governments.

The present situation is dangerous, very dangerous, and the balance must be held whilst the masses within the Communist countries are themselves made to realise that they are being exploited by their masters in the Kremlin, and that they only enjoy their meagre freedom so long as they do not become deviationists from the Communist creed.

The Kremlin will carry on its atomic experiments whether or not they are destructive to human life by reason of radiation. They have extensive slave labour-camps in the Northern wastes of Siberia, so what matter if their wretched prisoners die, the victims of radiation. It is an excellent way of disposing of them, and there are millions of these lost souls who are forgotten by the world.

Do not be led astray; whilst the new age of spirituality is growing up, the only deterrent to wholesale aggression by the Communists lies in the knowledge that there is an opposing force that will destroy them should they be foolish enough to go too far. The danger to the free peoples comes from within their own countries and is the outcome of mass-ignorance concerning the true situation.

The time has come when political party-manoeuvres must not be allowed to jeopardise the very life and existence of the free world. Let the politicians lead the way to a real brotherhood by working together as a solid phalanx in facing the monstrous Frankenstein that confronts them. A nightmare stage has been reached because this Frankenstein has the dog by the tail, to speak metaphorically.

In the various parliament houses we hear it said that there is no danger from excessive radiation to the genetic life of the human race. Within a matter of hours, leading scientists have contradicted this political pronouncement. I am stating facts and can produce the published evidence.

Truth is the only course to take in solving the problem. Make the people see what the result would be if the democratic nations threw away their arms and presented themselves without means of defence to the Communists.

They have seen what Hitler set out to accomplish, and they know what would have been the fate of all freedom-loving peoples if he had triumphed. Let them profit from that lesson and not make the mistake of encouraging an even worse fate to overtake mankind and destroy him, through petty prejudices and feuds arising out of political antagonisms and greed for power.

You may ask, why, in a book dealing with spiritual matters, have I dwelt so much on the political angle ? The answer is clear enough. Right thinking and spiritually minded people will see that only men of the same calibre as themselves are sent to take office in the government houses of the world.

If the meaning and knowledge of true spirituality and brotherhood can be brought home to humanity, the battle will be won sooner than might be expected. Remember, it is a solemn duty for all those who know and realise this truth to take up their appointed places with the new spiritual army which is growing up and forming itself. Apathy is the ally of the black or anti-spiritual forces, and they know full well that when people are living in comparative security and freedom from fear, they are apt to be blind to the stark realities lurking just around the corner.

I urge you, my readers, to give my words serious thought; otherwise the day may dawn when you, too, will be in the net of the Communist hydra.

Peace, through strength, is the call of the moment and we must show that strength and fortitude which has been our mainstay in all previous adversity. Above all, we must spread the Truth wherever and whenever we can, in a spirit of love and a real desire to help our fellow men. If individually, each one of us did this, the dangers now facing Earth would vanish almost over night.

Unity is power, and Man has the freewill to solve his present problems if he so desires.
    Some will reflect that theory and practice are not easy bedfellows, but whose fault is that? Man's, because instead of doing those things which his God-consciousness urges, he prefers to take the line of least resistance' and do what will cause him a minimum of trouble, especially if, by carrying out the dictates of his conscience, he will become unpopular in the eyes of his fellow men.

The day has arrived when only completely selfless judgements and actions will count. The plight of the present-day world is the result of selfishness and Man's inhumanity to Man. Why not try selflessness for a change ? It is the only road to follow if self-destruction is to be avoided and if you believe Man to possess an immortal soul. If he does not, then humanity is doomed to perish, being no more than a biological parasite causing its own destruction through inherent greed.

1. About eighteen months prior to the atom bomb being dropped on Hiroshima, the London Press carried articles by top-ranking scientists denying the existence of any explosive force other than the T.N.T. bomb. One of the objects of this denial was to allay a growing apprehension that Germany had some secret weapon. Thus we see that official denials are subservient to situations rather than truth. The same applies to present nuclear experiments and their suspected genetic effects on the human race.

Part II - The world we live in

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default The world we live in - CHAPTER XI - WORLD PORTENTS

CHAPTER XI

WORLD PORTENTS

TO conclude, I will give a brief summary of events which have taken place during the past 3 years and of how weather conditions have steadily deteriorated.

At the time of completing this book, i.e. in April, 1955, meteorologists appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to give accurate forecasts for more than short periods. The explanation for this is given in the prophecies at the end of this chapter.

Earthquakes have also been getting more frequent and are taking place in widely separated localities throughout the world, continually. Apparently harmless tremors are reported almost daily where there appears to be no material damage, but they are all linked to the internal canal system within the earth's interior which is breaking down, thereby causing immense cauldrons of subterranean volcanic force. As they merge and grow bigger, the stresses and strains they exert on the earth's outer covering will become greater, with the result that an upheaval of unprecedented magnitude will eventually take place.

Many people who pride themselves on their balanced outlook will scoff and say that weather and earthquake conditions are no worse than they have always been, and this is where they show their ignorance. Agreed, there may not have been a world-shaking catastrophe within living memory (I take this period because it is all that interests most people, for Man is initially selfish), but the number of earthquakes has considerably increased for reasons which I have just stated. They are continual, and the entire Mediterranean and Pacific areas have suffered, and are still suffering, many shocks of "disaster" magnitude.

To recall just a very few which have occurred during the period 1953/55. There were the Greek devastations of August, 1953, the disastrous earthquakes in Cyprus of the following September. A chain of tremors was, and is, constantly being recorded in this area, stretching right through the Mediterranean to the Persian Gulf. In 1954 we had the cataclysmic 'quakes which hit and destroyed the North African town of Orleansville and surrounding villages. My Teacher had told me that such as these would come, and careful records, with dates, have been kept, so that it cannot be said they were thought up after the occurences.

However, I will repeat again that the peak of weather conditions and earthquakes has not yet been reached and the future, so far as mankind is concerned, depends upon himself and his destructive scientific experiments.

In the Pacific, continuous 'quakes and rumblings are also being recorded, and coincidental with the disasters I have just mentioned, were those which hit the Island of Suva, on the 14th September, 1953. Again, in New Zealand, in Auckland, on the 30th September, 1953, an earthquake of major proportions was reported previous to those already referred to, as taking place in the Loyalty Islands, south west of Fiji, in the South Pacific, on August 26th, 1953. These have continued since, throughout the whole of the Pacific area, including Japan, when Tokyo was shaken as well as the Fijian Island of Suva again, on November nth, 1953, the latter being some 2,000 odd miles to the south east of Tokyo.

Dr. Lee, of Kew Observatory, was reported in the London Press of 15th September, 1953, as saying that experts believed that there was a connection between the earthquakes of the Pacific and those of the Mediterranean, although the nature of it was not known. He said that experts could make no prediction about future earthquakes or their possible location.

Since this statement, earthquakes have occurred almost continuously in these two main areas of the Mediterranean and the Pacific. The heaviest took place in the Philippines on the 31st March, 1955, when some two hundred people were reported killed, thousands more being injured and made homeless. The South Island of Mindinao seems to have taken the brunt of the disturbances and the harbour, at the south of the Island, has sunk four feet below its original level.

These then, are but a few of the upheavals that are taking place. Over a period covering the past 3 years, I have a large-sized press book which is full of reports of terrestrial and cyclonic disasters mostly of major proportions. High winds, floods and temperatures out of all proportion for the season in which they have been recorded, have been world wide. Here are just a few in 1954 alone:—
    Europe, biggest February freeze-up for 50 years with July in Paris coldest for 78 years, and, as the report says, "floods and floods and floods,"
    Greece, coldest January for 60 years—32 degrees of frost.
    Britain, drought in April, more than two months' normal rainfall in June, coldest August night at Kew since records began.
    South Africa, Capetown, snow in May, severest storms for 50 years.
    Asia, Monsoon floods unprecedented during July/August, in India and China.
    Ceylon, floods worst for 45 years.
    Japan, 1,619 dead and missing and 876 ships sunk in September typhoon, which was probably the worst in living memory.
    Australia, Queensland cyclone causes £2,000,000 damage in February.
    U.S.A., 7,000 feet thick dust storm rages in Kansas.
    N. America, 3 major hurricanes in six weeks during September and October.
    Trinidad, worst December floods for 20 years. Argentine, near zero cold wave in July.
    A report in the London Press of December, 1954, asks, "was the weather of the past 12 months affected by atom and hydrogen bombs?"
    "It has happened before say the weather men ........True, but the weather upsets in past years have followed tremendous natural disturbances." The report goes on to say, "Despite their scepticism the world's weather men have been concerned enough to look deeper into the effects of Hydrogen bomb explosions. Fifteen nations belonging to the World Meteorological Organisation set up an investigation team in September, 1954."

The weather disturbances listed above only cover the period 1954, but since then the weather has further deteriorated and there seems to be no sign of an improvement.
    It is not necessary to quote more of the dozens of reports of cyclonic and terrestrial disturbances in my press book, which have been recorded since December, 1954.

Now let us turn to what has been told me through the Master Oneferu. He says that the present world weather and seismic upheavals are of two causes. Firstly, the natural shifting of the earth's polarity, which causes it to wobble like a top on its axis, results in terrestrial and meteorological changes approximately every two thousand and eighty years. These are more or less gradual, and spread themselves over each sectional period, of which there are twelve, corresponding with the signs of the Zodiac. This shifting of the earth's polarity is known as the precessions of the Equinoxes and the complete precess takes twenty-five thousand years to cover the twelve Zodiacal signs.

The second cause is of two kinds in itself. Firstly, it is the result of inharmonious or negative magnetic forces being built up on the earth plane and within the magnetic envelope.1 This process in its initial stages, has an unseen effect upon the earthly elements and therefore remains unrealised, and consequently, uninvestigated. It finally manifests in world disturbances of greater or lesser degree.

Things which are out of rhythm and in disharmony with the Creative Law of Nature, destroy themselves and cause a spontaneous physical combustion. This is a law of the Etheric and is practically unknown upon the earth.

These negative forces are built up and attracted to the material plane through Man's materialistic thoughts and actions. I say thoughts, because all things are Thought in the first instance and have to be given material expression to manifest and maintain themselves upon Earth. Man must therefore cleanse his thoughts, so that the material results may be constructive.

Secondly, Man has gained a knowledge of Atomic fission and unfortunately, he has used this for destructive ends. He is still using his increasing knowledge for the same purpose and is continuing to carry out experiments which cause disruption of the earth's magnetism. These let in excess Cosmic radiaton which fuses with, and increases the radiation effects of nuclear fission.

The effect of an atomic explosion is the same as passing a magnetised object over a compass. The needle will be deflected as the polar pull is momentarily overcome or broken. The same happens to the earth. The explosion acts in the same way as the magnetised object to the compass, and the solar pull, which keeps the earth on its orbit, is loosened, causing the earth to fall away, but reasserting itself as soon as the sun's magnetism is restored.

Here is the explanation as to why the expected total eclipse of the moon of January 19th, 1954, appeared not to be total.

Reports in the Press read thus:—"Dr. H. B. Wilkins, Director of the lunar section of the British Astronomical Association, said at 3 a.m. to-day (19.1.54)—

'The Eclipse followed the usual pattern in the early stages. . . . The most remarkable feature was the persistence of a bright crescent of light on the lower, or southern, edge during the total eclipse. In this respect it was the most remarkable eclipse I have ever seen. The reasons for the bright crescent were that the moon did not dip very deeply into the earth's shadow, and, very likely, that there was some peculiarity in our own atmosphere.'"

This statement seems to be somewhat obscure, for the moon is outside the earth's atmosphere, and therefore the luminous crescent which was visible, originated outside our atmosphere also. It could have been further distorted when the light rays came in contact with our atmosphere, but this contact could only make the original cause more apparent. In other words, it must have been there to have been seen on Earth, distortion or no distortion. Anyway, astronomical experts calculated a total eclipse and did not expect and so warn us beforehand of any unaccountable phenomena.

I, personally, have not studied any of these things, and I am only writing down details of statements that have come through to me and have, as I have said in my foreword, been recorded on tape.

The things that have been discussed here are, for the most part, incapable of material proof, though unquestionably we have the signs of the times already with us, in the shape of world-wide disasters, not only cyclonic and terrestrial, but also unrest amongst the peoples of the nations. This is because they know that all is not well and that destruction from atomic warfare lurks continuously just around the corner.

Man's natural desire is, generally speaking, for the better conditions of life that could be his in view of the many scientific discoveries that have been made during the past century. Yet he feels that, instead of these benefits being his, he may be destroyed before he has had a chance to enjoy them. The present crescendo of opinion amongst the nations that nuclear fission is causing most of the "happenings" overtaking humanity at the present time, is proof that a spiritual awareness is dawning. The fact that the "experts " are investigating these demands voluntarily, and before it is forced upon them, even though their reports and findings are not always made public, is further proof that they, themselves, do not know many of the answers; if they did, they would not require to look further, but could give an emphatic denial. As it is, there are many scientists throughout the world who believe they do know the answer and from time to time have given warnings. These scientific rebels, who have troubled consciences, may yet save humanity by refusing to throw in their lot with those who are the tools of materialism.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

WORLD PORTENTS

To conclude, I will quote some of the prophecies which have been given to us at our weekly committee meetings. From these, I think you will realise that present world happenings are their material fulfilment.

June 10th, 1953
    " . . . the sporadic earthquakes taking place in various parts of the earth will become worse; places free from disturbances will eventually find themselves the centres instead. There is taking place a general deterioration in world weather conditions. The weather becomes affected first, because the evil magnetic vibrations (of thought) can more easily penetrate the ether from whence they plunge into the earth's crust

August 6th, 1953
    " . . . sooner than they realise, terrestrial signs will mount up to a pitch that will cause even the most hardheaded to think. This generation will be afforded time to set its house in order. Time in which to turn from the vain things that it holds so dear . . . justice will be done, God is just, and Nature harvests exactly what is put into it; no more, no less. . . The world's magnetism is being broken and distorted . . . every time atomic explosions are forced into the atmosphere."

August 21st, 1953
    " . . . The earth's magnetism is being distorted and the polarity has shifted. When these two combine they go towards the making of terrestrial upheavals that will come ..."

August 28th, 1953
    ]"... there will be another big earthquake quite soon. These major and minor disasters will keep on happening. . . The area of the Mediterranean will be affected."

On September 11th, 1953, the disastrous earthquakes which devastated Cyprus began.

May 24th, 1954
    " Different types of magnetic radiation create different temperatures. The splitting of the Atom has lowered this potential (magnetic), causing temperatures to fall (irrespective of season). This radiation reacts on the weather conditions at very high altitudes, and as it builds up, it flows over the earth's surface from the North, from which the change will come. It (the magnetic radiation) has a connection with the Aurora which is an etheric manifestation of this magnetism. . . Gradually these magnetic rays will move further towards the earth's centre.2 The total result is that weather conditions will become exceedingly chaotic. These rays will find their way through the earth's crust, acting as an irritant to the low vibratory (gross) magnetism of the earth's mass. The result will be large scale disturbances which will produce many changes."

September 10th, 1954
    I saw a map of the Mediterranean area spread in front of me. A hand came up through the water at the Western end between Portugal and Africa, holding a pair of scissors which cut right up the middle of the Mediterranean to the Persian Gulf. I interpret this as meaning that a cleavage is taking place from West to East.

On the following day, September nth, 1954, was reported the disastrous earthquake at Orleansville, N.W. Africa, S.E. of Spain and Portugal.

December 25th, 1954
    "... I told you awhile ago that there would be great storms and winds and much destruction upon Earth, which would make even the most hardheaded begin to think. If you read what is said to-day by men of learning, your scientists, you will see that they are beginning to suggest that the things they are experimenting with, and of which they do not fully understand the consequences, may already have them by the throat. I tell you that this is so, and great winds will sweep over the earth and will cause much disaster . . . the earth will not be destroyed, but mankind will suffer disaster and devastation because he is building up Destructive Thought, which is opposed to Constructive Creative Thought."

Since this prophecy, my records and press books record a chain of major and minor disasters out of all proportion with normal conditions.

December 27th, 1954
    "Terrestrial upheavals will afflict the earth. Great winds will, as 1 have already said, blast the earth with their force and with their destroying breath. They will breathe upon the earth and sear the crops and burn them up as chaff, and when Man can no longer bear these things, he will then call unto the great All-Father and perchance He will listen. . . "

On March nth, 1955, the press reported great storms and tornadoes in the U.S. provinces of Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania, vast areas of the great plains in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri and Arkansas were ravaged by dust storms, and in Colorado it was estimated that about half the crops of winter wheat had been destroyed by the winds.

January 27th, 1955
    "The seasons, as you know them, are completely changed, so that in the middle of a period which should be suffering from the grip of cold and frost, you will suddenly get a hot spell. This will happen all over the world and nothing will go according to accepted standards.

You can expect anything, chiefly because the ice caps at the poles, North and South, have become undermined and (owing to the earth's changed polarity) are moving. The sub-strata of the land in the North, in Greenland, is already shifting and there is a large crack right through the middle. Where you get a crack through a huge formation of ice like this, it creates friction and heat, and this causes a bigger melting. The ice-floes will move down and will be drawn to the warmer temperate zones, towards the Equator. This will, eventually, cause a great rising of the oceans, because when this huge amount of ice melts, it has to go somewhere. The waters will rise and you will have inundations, floods and so on. Also you will have pressure around the weak belt of the earth increased, which will account for earthquakes and volcanic upheavals in widespread areas."

It is interesting to note that Scientists and Weather Experts are now holding a world conference to see if they can assess the causes of the gradually, and now rapidly, deteriorating world weather conditions. The fact that these hard-headed men of science are beginning to wonder if the atomic tests being carried out are the cause of all the trouble, is significant and whatever they finally tell the Public, they themselves know that it is. Mr. T. E. Murray, a member of the Atomic Energy Commission, has stated openly that scientists already know that the number of H. Bombs required to cause a total world catastrophe was considerably less than they thought in 1952. God, he went on to say, was the only One who knew the answer!

During February, 1955, a report appeared in the Press concerning the British North Greenland Expedition. The report stated that the ice of Greenland was melting, and that they hoped to be able to assess the rate at which this was taking place. During January, 1955, it was also reported that an Island of Ice one hundred and twenty miles long, and more than one thousand, seven hundred square miles in area, was adrift in the Antarctic.
    These are just a very few of the prophecies and the ensuing disturbances which have taken place, sometimes, as you will see, within a very short space of time after the prophecy was dated. Also the actual areas given have been, I think most reasonable persons will admit, very accurate.

Following this chapter I am including an appendix which lists a considerable number of the earth's cyclonic and 'quake occurrences that have taken place since August 14th, 1953, to the date of my manuscripts being taken over by my publisher, i.e., April 21st, 1955. The number of "natural" afflictions which the earth has suffered, during this short period, will, I think, cause even the most sceptical to seriously reflect when they read the formidable list published in the appendix.

1. A study of Appendix A will show how social disorders and revolutions have almost invariably gone hand in hand with these terrestrial upheavals. The Mediterranean area, now known as the "Sea of Hate, is an outstanding example.
    2. On Sunday, November 13th, 1955, a big aurora display was seen at approximately 7.30 p.m. from the Channel Islands. This is most unusual at such Southern latitudes.

THE END

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default Re: The Wisdom of the Soul

THE WISDOM OF
    THE SOUL

by
    H. C. RANDALL-STEVENS

First Edition
    THE AQUARIAN PRESS
    LONDON

Download the: "THE WISDOM OF THE SOUL" PDF - Here. Pdf Download

HIDDEN TREASURE
    Thro' countless ages and in every clime In search of Treasure Man has blazed a trail No quest too difficult — each prize sublime — From buried gold and jewels to Holy Grail, Or else to conquer lands or mountain peaks He risks his life whilst he new venture seeks.

Yet, still unclaimed is stored the greatest gift Within ourselves, a jewel of priceless worth If we but find the key to open and sift The Wisdom God has breathed in us at birth From sands of Time which have obscured the light And hidden Truth beyond our mortal sight.

As we unlock each chamber of the soul To enter in — to claim and to defend — This Wisdom that will lead us to the goal And bring our search for treasure to an end God will be near to guide and hold us fast And help us to At-one-ment at the last.
    CAROL DENE