Thread: George Gurdjieff: In search of the Miraculous

Total Downloaded

Default George Gurdjieff: In search of the Miraculous

Dear readers of this site:

Dear Reader:
    Who likes to know more about the work and doctrine of G.Gurdjieff (The Fourth Way) i recommand:

The Book of P.D. Ouspensky: 'In search of the Miraculous, Fragments of an Unknown Teaching'.

It's a tecnical work about the logistics behind the Teaching of George Gurdjieff (who's 'masterpiece' was the book: "BeŽlzebubs tales to his Grandson - About the Human Race").

It is rather heavy but really 'magic' literature.

Greetings, Sil

Total Downloaded

Default Re: Who likes to read about George Gurdjieff I recommend the following book:

I have "The Fourth Dimention" by PD Ouspensky in my bookshelf.

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default George Gurdjieff

In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching ...

In Search of the Miraculous
    (It is Gurdjieff who is referred to, throughout the text of this book, as G.) In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching is the record of ...
    Pdf Download

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default The Fourth Way - P. D. Ouspensky

P. D. OUSPENSKY
    THE FOURTH
    WAY

A RECORD OF TALKS AND ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS BASED ON THE TEACHING OF G. I. GURDJIEFF

FOREWORD
    WHEN P. D. Ouspensky was asked if he intended to publish his lectures, he answered: 'What is the use? The most important is not the lectures but the questions and answers.'
    This book consists of verbatim extracts from talks and answers to questions given by Ouspensky between 1921 and 1946. Chapter I is a general survey of the fundamental ideas, which in subsequent chapters are amplified subject by subject in the specific order followed by Ouspensky himself.
    To achieve this order some of the material has had to be taken out of its chronological sequence; but in no case has there been any alteration of phrasing or meaning.

Pdf Download

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default TERTIUM ORGANUM - P.D. Ouspensky

TERTIUM ORGANUM
    THE THIRD CANON OF THOUGHT
    A KEY TO THE ENIGMAS OF THE WORLD

by P.D. Ouspensky
    [1922]

This is P.D. Ouspensky's Tertium Organum, which he believed was the third major philosophical synthesis, the previous being those of Aristotle and Bacon. Originally issued in Russian in 1912, this is the second, revised edition. It was translated into English and published in 1922.

Ouspensky (1878-1947) was a mystic who traveled widely in Europe and the East looking for esoteric knowledge. He later studied with G.I. Gurdjieff. In this book, he uses the concept of the fourth dimension as an extended metaphor for the esoteric nature of reality. Einstein and other physicists had at that time validated the study of higher dimensions, and Ouspensky was fixated on this idea. One can only wonder at what he would think of string theory, parallel universes, and the holographic universe hypothesis (the latter of which he prefigures in this book).

Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    477.1 KB
    Videos

Default Re: Who likes to read about George Gurdjieff I recommand the following book:

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson

The teaching of G. I. Gurdjieff (1866-1949) has come to be recognized as one of the most original, enduring, and penetrating of our century. While Gurdjieff used many different means to transmit his vision of the human dilemma and human possibility, he gave special importance to his acknowledged masterwork, Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson.

Pdf Download